JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are you cooking?

Super Bowl is football, beverages, and food. Do any of you have anything special planned for the game...and give credit where credit is due if the Mrs. is slaving while you watching.:)

Going to be serving up about 15 at a friends house tomorrow, so we are getting the prep stuff out of the way. Smoking a couple small turkeys today in an old fridge while my brother makes venison chili and we sit around, doing a little drinking and BSing while getting everything else ready. Tomorrow we invade my crippled buddy's place and feed about 15. Deep fried elk fingers and mushrooms (beer battered), a couple of big grilled Sockeye fillets, fresh Cobb salad with feta cheese, 10 gallons of homemade beer and a couple gallons of 3 year old mead. My ol' lady is picking up the rest of the shellfish today.

Not going hog-wild in the culinary department for game day. We like to keep it simple so we can watch the tube. Mrs. rufus requested pigs in a blanket with Dijon mustard dipping sauce, chips with onion dip, and lots of cold beer. Might buy cold cuts, not sure what else...

BTW I wish I could shoot half as good as I cook, but that's another subject. Leave me alone grammar police.

Rufus - for a twist on the classic onion dip try adding a clove or two of minced garlic, also if you like heat you can add some Frank's red hot but that isn't for everyone.

My thoughts to can probably cook better than I can shoot:s0114:

Nothing big just going to make some hot wings and some artichoke dip for some bread or chips. Maybe onion dip that sounds good also. Thought about ribs on the smoker or a butt but do not want to babysit the smoker on game day... Using the KISS method this year:s0155: And of course plenty of beer if I do not eat to much:s0114:

GO HAWKS......:s0132:

I can't believe with over 34,000 registered members on this site, there are 5 or so that are doing something...anything for THE game. GO PIZZA HUT!!!!

:s0155:Tomorrow is homemade vegetable soup, slow cooked pork shoulder roast, marinated chicken thighs. And yes I am cooking all this. Tomorrow is 40 people, food and one good game. As good as it gets!!

My thoughts to can probably cook better than I can shoot:s0114:

Nothing big just going to make some hot wings and some artichoke dip for some bread or chips. Maybe onion dip that sounds good also. Thought about ribs on the smoker or a butt but do not want to babysit the smoker on game day... Using the KISS method this year:s0155: And of course plenty of beer if I do not eat to much:s0114:

GO HAWKS......:s0132:

You can cheat on the ribs and marinate or dry rub them tonight then toss em in the pressure cooker to cook em through, then smoke or BBQ them to finish - much quicker though purists may frown on the practice.

You can cheat on the ribs and marinate or dry rub them tonight then toss em in the pressure cooker to cook em through, then smoke or BBQ them to finish - much quicker though purists may frown on the practice.

Only can do them one way. Rub and sit for a while then wrap in tin foil with a few other things then on the smoker for a few. Un wrap and finish off with a sauce or a glaze.... Plus the ribs looked like crap in the store I was at so that helped to make the decision a lie easier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top