JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive been working on my invisible CAMO, I think I have it down:rolleyes:
Looks good right ?;)

invisiblegun.jpg

My son is starting a hydrographic business in Grants Pass

For fathers day he said he would do an AR for me .
I finally stripped one and he sent me these pics yesterday.. He is dipping the stock and a few mags Sunday and said I can have it back Thursday when its all cured up

That's the best work I can remember seeing. Ever.

My son is starting a hydrographic business in Grants Pass

For fathers day he said he would do an AR for me .
I finally stripped one and he sent me these pics yesterday.. He is dipping the stock and a few mags Sunday and said I can have it back Thursday when its all cured up

Hydrographics have always intrigued me, and I'd love to learn the process...

Being a guy who works in multiple disciplines (electrical, computer controller networks, mechanical, pneumatics, hydronics, refrigeration, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, variable freq drives, management, etc) and strives to master every project I touch, I have a deep appreciation for just about anything that is DONE WELL because I know the extra effort it takes to "rise above"... this is one of those moments.

WELL DONE!! :s0155:

Last Edited:
Hydrographics have always intrigued me, and I'd love to learn the process...

Being a guy who works in multiple disciplines (electrical, computer controller networks, mechanical, pneumatics, hydronics, refrigeration, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, variable freq drives, management, etc) and strives to master every project I touch, I have a deep appreciation for just about anything that is DONE WELL because I know the extra effort it takes to "rise above"... this is one of those moments.

WELL DONE!! :s0155:
Thanks Stomp
there is the back yard way and then there is the professional way.
He has the temperature controlled tanks, skimmer, been taking lessons from the big companies that license the film, all the right prep, base coats made to work with the film not just Duracoat......the works
if you ever find yourself around Merlin he would be happy to take you through his shop
mostly does a bunch of car parts, motorcycle parts and helmets

Thanks Stomp
there is the back yard way and then there is the professional way.
He has the temperature controlled tanks, skimmer, been taking lessons from the big companies that license the film, all the right prep, base coats made to work with the film not just Duracoat......the works
if you ever find yourself around Merlin he would be happy to take you through his shop
mostly does a bunch of car parts, motorcycle parts and helmets
If only this site had a Partners and Vendors section... ;)

I'm not sure how somebody can take a rattle can to a firearm.

I was looking at one a while back on arms list before I bought a new one. Was exactly what I wanted but some guy had spray painted the gun...
:mad::mad:

I see it if you plan to keep the firearm. Make it yours... 100%!

I like the ideas of keeping twine and burlap handy. Having a threaded barrel, adapter and oil filters help too in a shtf & WROLE. You can hide everything but sound and muzzle flash.

;)

"I'm not sure how somebody can take a rattle can to a firearm."

Here's some stuff that holds up pretty good. Its not Ceracote but much better than plain spray paints.
I did an old witness 45 with it and it turned out well.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/73...pf_ci_google&gclid=CKiZgNTQkMkCFYphfgodrLsOSg

Yeah they have the air dry duracoat which isn't half bad. Some can stuff is reasonable, I've seen some nice firearms ruined because somebody took that $5 can and went wild.

I'm not against coloring a firearm, I'm against doing it the wrong way. You know, no prep work to degrease etc.

This is exactly why I'm afraid to cammo my guns. I loose stuff really easily. Right now I'm looking for my Bluetooth earbud. It's not a cheap one and it's about 80% guaranteed to show up within 24 hours of a replacement purchase. I'll probably give it another week.

Fake out the 80%. Buy a new one, but don't open it. It works, I have done it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top