JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got the TC Dimension stock in mossy oak.

IMG_0188_zpsj1qaq47h.jpg

All things considered, there are some pretty decent rustoleum paint jobs posted. Its not my thing, although I see the utility value in it.

As a small shop owner and before that someone who just loved to buy and sell and trade firearms, one word of caution. While it may look nice, it is not a professional custom cerakote finish and generally will not add to the value of the gun should you decide to upgrade your SHTF arsenal. While rustoleum is not horrible to remove, I'm generally not going to pay more because it has a custom camo "finish". In fact, depending on how it looks, I may be more apt to make a lower offer.

But that all said, if you don't plan on selling it and it makes you happy, then do it to it. Like I said, some of the ones posted looked really decent (better than anything I ever made from a Krylon can). Have fun!

This is exactly why I'm afraid to cammo my guns. I loose stuff really easily. Right now I'm looking for my Bluetooth earbud. It's not a cheap one and it's about 80% guaranteed to show up within 24 hours of a replacement purchase. I'll probably give it another week.

I once almost lost a WWII surplus satchel in the woods while hunting. It was OD green canvas. I set it down among the ferns and it took me 20 minutes to find it again. I figure if it is that hard to find something simply OD green, then I won't worry too much about "camo".

There are a number of factors in not being seen; color, texture (including reflectivity), shape, and movement (movement is very important - it can be VERY hard to see someone who isn't moving).

I primarily concern myself with color and texture of firearms. A dark color, preferably OD green or close to it, and a matte finish, is generally good enough for me. Black is okay, and most of my firearms come from the factory with a matte dark color, usually black.

As one person already posted, simple burlap is a good camo material, especially if it is in a dark color. Ripping it into strips can facilitate some 3 dimensional camo, which helps a lot IMO.

As for the camo paint jobs, at most distances beyond 50 feet, they are just going to blend into a single color.

I know I just did the camo for fun, not to worried about the gun blending in. About the resale of the gun, I did a cheap gun I intend to keep and if it wears off I'll just touch it up . The gun I did is not something I'd hunt with so not much chance of loosing it. Now for my wallet, bright orange.

The thing about camo is it has to blend into the background. So if you're in an urban environment, say like McCall Park, you might want something that hides in plain sight -
shotgun.jpg
Yes, this is a working 12 ga. pump skinned with the exterior parts of an actual Super Soaker. It's certainly a unique take on the concept of camouflage.

image.jpg What most people do not know is that their black guns practically shine when viewed through night vision. I also use krylon because if your AO changes you can paint it the correct color. I used to live on the wet side of the state and had to re camo them when I moved here.

My son is starting a hydrographic business in Grants Pass

For fathers day he said he would do an AR for me .
I finally stripped one and he sent me these pics yesterday.. He is dipping the stock and a few mags Sunday and said I can have it back Thursday when its all cured up

20151112_170241_zpsmzkpr9oc.jpg 20151112_170711_zpszr6pxmmy.jpg

My son is starting a hydrographic business in Grants Pass

For fathers day he said he would do an AR for me .
I finally stripped one and he sent me these pics yesterday.. He is dipping the stock and a few mags Sunday and said I can have it back Thursday when its all cured up

There are some nice guns in here but I think your son won the contest - interested to see it all together.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top