JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got my card. I'll be there Sunday. First match and first classifier and with a new gun to boot (sub-200 rounds). Just to make even more nuts I just put a new trigger in also.

Just thought I'd add that a miss is -5 which is a 2.5 second penalty. .5 second for each point down.

Ill be there tomorrow. First classifier. Hope to see you guys again, maybe we'll be in the same squad. Ill be there with my girlfriend and wearing the same red flannel. No Sig to shoot so hopefully no malfs. This XD is SICK!!!

Well... Didnt shoot as well as had hoped. Nerves, cold, SPEED. My speed killed me. Nerves pushed me to go into overdrive and blow it. Made marksman but wasnt where I should have been. Take a deep breath and relax, slow down is what I kept telling myself but it didnt work. Than damn buzzer screws everything up.... Oh well still had fun. Always next time

After or before unload and show? That sucks dude. What squad were you in? What was all the weird drama stuff goin on? We ended up having more people come into our squad.

After or before unload and show? That sucks dude. What squad were you in? What was all the weird drama stuff goin on?
No I actually got confused. I finished string 3, he didn't ask to unload he said holster. So I just did. Problem I'm shooting a 1911:) It's cool, next time is always better.

Hey, BDA, so that was you. We were on the same squad. My son and I were the ones that kept tellung you to relax and slow down. It was pretty cold this morning. Based on my calcs I'm firmly in marksman with about 166. I sure love the XDm. I put the Powder River Precision Ultimate Match trigger in last week. Cuts the take up in half, cuts trigger pull to about 4 pounds, and theres zero overtravel. Really nice. It also makes it easier to feel and hear the reset.

I could tell you had nerves. To be expected at first competition. I suspect next time you'll settle in better. Was that the 5.25" Competition XDm you were shooting?

Oh, and the drama was one of the SO's got sick and started puking all over so he went home. They split his squad among the other three SO's.
Brian

I was shooting the 4.5. Love the gun. Had some serious issues with the Sig I shot last time. Too bad I didnt meet you guys before, I would have sold my Sig to your son. I had the one he said he wants. SP2022. Yeah I did the math and I shot 143.1 with 102 points down. That sucked for me. Its different when Im shooting it at home. Ill have to check out that trigger. You guys going to the match on the 30th?

No I actually got confused. I finished string 3, he didn't ask to unload he said holster. So I just did. Problem I'm shooting a 1911:) It's cool, next time is always better.

You have a great attitude about this, drlove. Getting DQed sucks but it's going to happen to everyone eventually. I was shooting both SSP and CDP for a while, but it got too difficult to run different platforms smoothly. Now my beautiful 1911s are collecting dust in my safe and all I ever shoot are my Glocks.

You have a great attitude about this, drlove. Getting DQed sucks but it's going to happen to everyone eventually. I was shooting both SSP and CDP for a while, but it got too difficult to run different platforms smoothly. Now my beautiful 1911s are collecting dust in my safe and all I ever shoot are my Glocks.

I actually tried that but can't decide on a platform. I would really like to just shoot SSP and I have a very nice G17 with extended mag/slide release, TruGlo FO sights, and other additions but somehow I'm very bad with it. I know everyone likes Glocks but I really don't know why I'm different. I mean I even can miss with it on the 7yrds line!
That leads me to ask you Glock experts. What do you think is wrong (is it me). I mean with my XDms and 1911s, I feel great. Move to Glock and like I've never shoot before. Do I need maybe a good trigger job? What else do you guys recommend?

Drlove, ergonomics are too different would be my guess. XDm and 1911 have similar grip angle (not identical, but similar). Glocks have a different angle. Try a Sig or Sigma; maybe M&P? Some guns just don't work for some people.

Drlove, ergonomics are too different would be my guess. XDm and 1911 have similar grip angle (not identical, but similar). Glocks have a different angle. Try a Sig or Sigma; maybe M&P? Some guns just don't work for some people.

But you don't think I should try with a trigger job first before I sell this G:)?

A trigger job can only do so much. It might help tighten your group a bit, but if you are as bad as you are implying with it it's probably not going to help. Have you tried it at 10 yards and taken slow controlled shots (not timed or in competition)? If you're still grossly inaccurate this way a trigger isn't going to help you. A trigger job would help you get from a 4" group to a 3" group. It isn't likely to take your 18" group down to a 4" one. You might see if anyone has a G17 with a good trigger in it and see if they'd let you squeeze off a few, but unless there's something wrong with your gun it probably won't make a difference.

A trigger job can only do so much. It might help tighten your group a bit, but if you are as bad as you are implying with it it's probably not going to help. Have you tried it at 10 yards and taken slow controlled shots (not timed or in competition)? If you're still grossly inaccurate this way a trigger isn't going to help you. A trigger job would help you get from a 4" group to a 3" group. It isn't likely to take your 18" group down to a 4" one. You might see if anyone has a G17 with a good trigger in it and see if they'd let you squeeze off a few, but unless there's something wrong with your gun it probably won't make a difference.

I agree. Thanks for the Pukwudji. I might see if I can trade it for a M&P9 Pro. I've had one a while back and was much better with it (maybe again the whole grip angle thing).

You're going to hear a lot of different opinions about this. I actually don't think a trigger makes much difference in IDPA type shooting unless it's truly horrible. (Even the definition of "horrible" is debatable.) It could even be argued that a light "1911" type trigger is a crutch.

I have a Vanek Classic Grand Master trigger and a Jager striker in my G34, and it's a very light pull with a crisp break and reset. My carry Glocks all have stock triggers, and my accuracy isn't measurably different, although for some types of shooting my speed is better with the "gamer" setup.

I think that the way you grip the gun has a much greater effect on accuracy and speed than any trigger. And it's clear that Glocks have a different style of grip than most other guns. It happens to fit me very naturally; when I close my eyes and draw with a Glock, my sights are lined up on the target. The ugly square Glock grip isn't especially comfortable, but it gives me nice big flat surfaces to lock my hands into a "vice". Contoured ergonomic grips like on the M&P don't work that way for me.

So I would recommend working some more on your skills before abandoning your Glock, but on the other hand I'm sure you won't have any problem selling it if you want to :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top