JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In this match you can use pistol,carbine,rifle etc. as long as it's not center fire (i.e. 5.56,308) corrrect?

I was planning on using a 22lr carbine. Is that savvy..?

In this match you can use pistol,carbine,rifle etc. as long as it's not center fire (i.e. 5.56,308) corrrect?

I was planning on using a 22lr carbine. Is that savvy..?
No .22lr allowed in IDPA. Minimum caliber is 9mm/.38 spl.
There is now a PCC division. No rim fire allowed in any of the divisions.

As Meridian mentioned, speed steel does have .22lr for both carbines and handguns.

See some of you tomorrow.
"Thank you. You have been squadded into squad 4 in the Oregon TCDPL November 4 2017 IDPA Match match."

If the Fox12 guys are right, dry, a bit cold.

Had a good time. Rain held off.

2 earned dqs.

1st. Had a stage where you were facing one side - so rightys had a challenge on the reload. Most rightys, like me, kant the pistol on the reload. One guy was a bit too much, broke the 180.

2nd. Common enough issue, crowded cover. Shooter was too close to a barrel, and did move to prevent contact, muzzle over the berm =-= this is a loaded gun going by the barrel, not a reload.

Both shooters were adult, continued to help - BZ -

We had another stage with issues - got close to DQ a couple of shooters.

Here is the setup. You finished the stage, a table is behind and to your left. Close by. The shooters pulled their mags and tried to put them on the table. What was the gun doing? flapping in the wind, not being looked at. close. The berm was not that high at that time - very close. DONT DO THAT. Until your pistol is holstered, do not focus on anything but the pistol - front sight, control, etc - after it is holstered do whatever. Put the mag in your pocket, or drop it. Holster, then deal with the mag, the round you ejected on 'show clear' . On the stages where there was no barrel / table, no one did such a thing.

All in all a good day.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR