JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With their other matches, such as IPSC, Cowboy Action, etc....guests and non-members are typically welcome.

go to this link and leave your questions...you'll likely get an answer
<broken link removed>

Also, I spoke with the person responsible for IDPA at TCGC. He said they are planning to hold their first IDPA match in February. Use the same link above to find out more info.

Do you have to be a TCGC member to enter any of their competitions. I've looked around their website for answers to that, but their site it pretty poorly designed and incomplete.

Looking forward to this! I thought I had heard something before that TCGC required some sort of training session before anyone could shoot on the ranges where the IPSC matches were held. Does this carry over to IDPA? If so, do we need to make arrangements ahead of time with the range? I'm not a member there but my best friend is.

As far as the earlier discussions on the rules, I used to shoot IDPA at a variety of ranges in NC (and we had a lot of big name shooters at our matches). I think almost every range had deviations from IDPA rules, but they would tell you about them at the shooter's meeting before the match. The most common deviation was not requiring reloads with retention on a tactical reload. I really miss those days, I could shoot about 6 IDPA matches a month within 2 hours of my house (but the then-wife would gripe if I shot more than 3 or 4).

With their other matches, such as IPSC, Cowboy Action, etc....guests and non-members are typically welcome.

go to this link and leave your questions...you'll likely get an answer
<broken link removed>

Also, I spoke with the person responsible for IDPA at TCGC. He said they are planning to hold their first IDPA match in February. Use the same link above to find out more info.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out as I'm also interested in IPDA, but don't want to pay for a membership at this point.

Usually you don't have to be a club member to participate in matches. But for pretty understandable liability reasons, they want to know that people coming to the matches are either members of a similar club that has IPSC/IDPA types of matches, or that the people wanting to participate are certified by some other organization to compete in these matches.

Most of these types of matches involve drawing from a holster, moving around with loaded firearms, so it makes sense that they want to weed out people who bought a new gun and holster on Thursday, sighted it in on Friday, and want to try their hand at a match on Saturday of the same week.

They are pretty understandable if people can explain, demonstrate proficiency somehow. Usually, they prefer some kind of proof of safe participation, or certification.

You might look at the club's schedule and see if there is an IPSC, cowboy action, or similar certification on the schedule. Otherwise, look at the TCGC list of discipline chair phone numbers, call one of them and ask when the next certification is scheduled.

Would they accept an old IDPA classification card? Also wondering if they will require current IDPA membership (mine has expired, but I will renew if they keep this up locally). I saw another thread talking about IDPA matches in The Dalles, so I could conceivably hit two matches a month!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top