JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Ideal Conceal a good idea

• Total voters
Reactions
Saw this in the news today. A pistol that folds up to look like a cell phone. My initial reaction is this has more negative implications that good. Slow to deploy and doesn't really look like a cell phone up close, who carries two phones anyways (whats that on your belt?).

<broken link removed>

Home

There is nothing that I like about this gun.
Slow draw.
Doesn't really look like a phone.
Two shot capacity.
Awful sights.
.380 caliber? You really couldn't fit a .357 in there? And honestly, "High velocity .380? :rolleyes:
$500? I can get a pocket .380 with four times the capacity for just over half that.

Kjellberg said he has the transformation down to seconds, and said his company has also consulted with police officers about it.

"It would be easier to shoot someone in a nefarious way with a regular pistol than it would be with ours," Kjellberg said.
LOL, it would be easier for anyone to shoot anyone or anything with a regular pistol.

No, no and no.

Let's say they become the absolute, epitome of desirable concealed handguns.
Pretty soon people are going to start getting shot making phone calls!!! :D

Old news. This has been in the media for probably two years. And before you discount it, I would say this.....a gun that you could carry openly without attracting attention...in shorts and flip flops...that fires two rounds of Underwood .380? Better than a beer bottle!

didn't someone get shot from one of those (real) cell phone cases that looks like a gun?

This is the complete opposite of one of those. This doesn't look like a gun. Nor does it pretend to look like one. Would I get one? Probably not, but I like the idea.

yes, I know Im wondering if these became popular if that would affect how police interact with anyone with a true cell phone in their hands. ?

I honestly don't think it will be popular enough to offset the roughly 2.6 BILLION smartphone users world wide (est.).

And before you discount it, I would say this.....a gun that you could carry openly without attracting attention...in shorts and flip flops...that fires two rounds of Underwood .380? Better than a beer bottle!
maybe...
its not 'really' carried openly if you have to transform it when you draw. A pocket pistol would be faster to deploy and would not attract any attention. Up close it is obvious its not a phone.

Old news. This has been in the media for probably two years. And before you discount it, I would say this.....a gun that you could carry openly without attracting attention...in shorts and flip flops...that fires two rounds of Underwood .380? Better than a beer bottle!
I want one

I'm honestly surprised by the responses here. This is one of the most innovative ideas to hit the gun market in quite a long time. I more than likely won't buy one, but cheers to the guys that invented it. Really, this is a win for 2A supporters that may leave their carry at home when dressed for summer.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews