JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Ideal Conceal a good idea

• Total voters
I honestly don't think it will be popular enough to offset the roughly 2.6 BILLION smartphone users world wide (est.).
do you have a source for that statistic.... totally kidding.

of course its not going to offset smartphones, it just has to become popular enough to become a concern for law enforcement officers.

I'm honestly surprised by the responses here. This is one of the most innovative ideas to hit the gun market in quite a long time. I more than likely won't buy one, but cheers to the guys that invented it. Really, this is a win for 2A supporters that may leave their carry at home when dressed for summer.
Heck yeah you could carry that thing almost anywhere and it would not print in your pocket and everyone would think it's a phone until you started talking on your real phone lol how much are they

do you have a source for that statistic.... totally kidding.

of course its not going to offset smartphones, it just has to become popular enough to become a concern for law enforcement officers.

LOL, I have Google. And I don't doubt it. :) My 72 year old disabled father has an iPhone. If he can adapt, most can. :D

I'm thinking if they do produce some and they become popular one of the big gun company 's will buy the PAT or they will probably produce one like it for less money and put this guy out of business and there goes your investment

Is Ideal code for Acme?

upload_2017-5-10_22-36-36.jpeg

the biggest thing about this gun is in order to market and sell it they need to tell the public what it is. Kinda the opposite of the idea of concealment.

good point, I'll give ya that one. But this doesnt look like a cell phone up close. Defeats the purpose of belt carry.
With all these low life punk A$$ idiot 's out there running around stealing people's cell phones I wouldn't carry it on my belt anyway go in my pocket it would look like a phone in my pocket but nobody's going to try to grab it and run

I think its cool, but I would never buy one because I have a sig 238 holster that kind of looks like a cell phone in pants pocketand deploys faster and holds 7 rounds.

Bad idea.

...oh and I carry 2 phones regularly.

...at work I carry an additional(sometimes 2 extra!), plus a pager. Technology is JUST SUPER FREEKIN DUPER!
Lol not that super duper if you have to carry 3 or 4 phones and a pager if it was that great should be able to do it with one

Lol not that super duper if you have to carry 3 or 4 phones and a pager if it was that great should be able to do it with one

th?id=OIP.mM_gl_bJr7sg3lllzQTryQEsDh&w=278&h=199&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7.jpg

I do not want them all on one phone.

It's actually easier to prioritize with the different devices. But I suppose that the informatics folks could get together and forward all to one, and have it equally (in)convenient. I'm sure it would work perfectly smooth & trouble free...until it doesn't...

I carry two phones every day - my personal phone and my work phone - so not a strange idea to me - but 3 phones? Now that's some crazy sh!t there.

I did a thread on this same gun a little over a year ago: Ideal Conceal .380 Pistol - Looks Like a Cell Phone

Reactions then were the same as now - mixed. I agree, I am a fan of the innovation. And while I think it's a bit clumsy to try and draw and fire, for some folks, this may be an 'ideal' solution for carrying, perhaps in places where they want more cover for their carry piece.

I emailed the owner last year because I was most interested in the idea of whether or not this would be classified by the ATF as an "AOW". He said it didn't meet the definition, but when I pressed for some kind of letter/judgement from the ATF on that stance, he couldn't provide one. Now, I would hope he's smart enough to make sure the ATF won't classify this an an AOW before he tries to sell them.

As it is, this thing is already a full year past the promised delivery date. They have released video of the working prototype and they are just now starting to machine the pieces for the initial test runs. They've apparently run into issues with the FCG working properly, so they have been back to the drawing board numerous times. I get occasional email updates from them.

Would I buy one? Probably not, except for maybe a novelty. But if I did, I would want it to have been on the market a while so any bugs are worked out, especially any concern the ATF has over the legality of this weapon.

I'm honestly surprised by the responses here. This is one of the most innovative ideas to hit the gun market in quite a long time. I more than likely won't buy one, but cheers to the guys that invented it. Really, this is a win for 2A supporters that may leave their carry at home when dressed for summer.

Simple. Gun people like to disagree and argue, it's in their nature. At least that's what we see on 90% of the threads here ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top