ID that gun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by R3dundantC, Dec 16, 2012.

1. R3dundantC

R3dundantC
    A computer

Sorry if this has been done to death, but it looks to me like they recovered a Saiga 12 from the trunk of that car rather than the .223 "Bushwacker" previously reported (And that keeps changing positions at the school)

[video=youtube;wLrxSgkqJQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLrxSgkqJQc[/video]

135565149087.jpg

135565149087.jpg

novamind and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer
    Portland
    Completely Out of Ammo

Who cares? It wasn't used in the despicable act. If the jerk had a cannon in his car who cares?

The second picture is definitely a Saiga 12 btw. How they could confuse that with a Bushmaster AR-15 is anyone's guess - my guess is AR-15s are specifically being targeted for a ban, whole weapon or mag. It won't matter than an AR-15 was not used at the school as long as the media repeats that description over and over again.

3. 8ball

8ball
    WA
    Quit talkin' and start chalking!

That can't be the same car parked outside the school - that footage is after sunset and the shooting happened in the am.

sir-frogman and (deleted member) like this.
  4. R3dundantC

R3dundantC
    A computer

Second picture was just for reference. I don't really care if the was used or not, I'm just trying to figure out what it is they found.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K
    SW Washington

Not sure exactly what he had in the trunk - a bit grainy but it did look like a shotgun shell that was cleared from the weapon - kinda looks like it had a tube feed and I didn't see a magazine on it - then again they could have already pulled the mag.

6. kukusya

kukusya
    King County Wa

For me it look like PTR91/FAL with out magazine

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu
    PDX OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Just setting up to "prove" that shot guns are also a weapon of choice for us gun culture psychopaths and everyone will be better off when they are gone!

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim
    Salmon,Idaho
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I'm really getting tired of all the coverage,showing all the distraught people.Over and over again.
    This couldn't have happened at a better time for obuma
    Kind of reminds me of Telefon

9. R3dundantC

R3dundantC
    A computer

Everytime I watch it, it seems to me that when the officer rotates the gun and moves it closer to his body it looks like it has a "dragonov" style stock. At first I thought it was a semi-auto Mossberg, but I've never seen a skeletonized stock like what is shown for one. A highpoint carbine has a similar stock, but the overall length of this gun appears much larger.

10. Swedish K

Swedish K
    SW Washington

Get ready for it - latest reports have gone from 2 handguns in the building and one long gun in the car to 2 handguns and a long gun with the shooter and another long gun in the car. If the facts don't support the political agenda simply change them to support oppression of the public.