JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother got his silencer after a year.

I am in Washington. I just found a group of guys to go shooting with. I am interested in getting a suppressor, now that i will hopefully be shooting more. I just googled a little and any advice suggestions would be nice.

I am looking at a multi caliber suppressor. Banish 46 and Dead Air Primal. Thoughts.

I tried the search bar here so if I missed an already going thread, oops.

Thanks everyone.

If you want to do it "right" you first need to identify what hosts you want to use a can on.

Next you have to decide what your priorities are and rank them:
Cost
Weight
Mounting style
Brand
Material
Availability
Durability (example, a light weight Ti can will not hold up to heavy use or short barrels very well)

In a "normal" world you will typically end up with 3 cans since there really is not "one" to fit all needs. You will want a dedicated .22 can since they are super lightweight, compact and cleanable. You will end up with a pistol caliber can and a rifle rated can even if they are multi caliber.

If you want to do it "right" you first need to identify what hosts you want to use a can on.

Next you have to decide what your priorities are and rank them:
Cost
Weight
Mounting style
Brand
Material
Availability
Durability (example, a light weight Ti can will not hold up to heavy use or short barrels very well)

In a "normal" world you will typically end up with 3 cans since there really is not "one" to fit all needs. You will want a dedicated .22 can since they are super lightweight, compact and cleanable. You will end up with a pistol caliber can and a rifle rated can even if they are multi caliber.
What? Only 3? I think you need at least 7.

One for .22lr, one for 9mm, one for 45acp, one for 556, one for 7.62, one for shotguns, then one multi-caliber. 😃

What? Only 3? I think you need at least 7.

One for .22lr, one for 9mm, one for 45acp, one for 556, one for 7.62, one for shotguns, then one multi-caliber. 😃
I guess a minimum of 3 would have been better phrasing.

I have never understood why a person would buy a 5.56 can. The weight and size difference between a 5.56 and a .30 caliber are so minor I would (and do) just stick to .30 caliber. I can use the .30 on pretty much any firearm under .300 Win Mag (for the ones I own), can't do that with a 5.56.

In pistol I can see possibly both a 9mm and .45. I have no plans on adding a can to any of my .45's so I ended up with a 9mm can.

I am in Washington. I just found a group of guys to go shooting with. I am interested in getting a suppressor, now that i will hopefully be shooting more. I just googled a little and any advice suggestions would be nice.

I am looking at a multi caliber suppressor. Banish 46 and Dead Air Primal. Thoughts.

Thanks everyone.
+1 on the Banish 46 !! Silencer Central makes it painless and comes to your door I am doing the wait on two which is the most painful part (and cost of course )

(1) I guess a minimum of 3 would have been better phrasing.

(2) I have never understood why a person would buy a 5.56 can. The weight and size difference between a 5.56 and a .30 caliber are so minor I would (and do) just stick to .30 caliber. I can use the .30 on pretty much any firearm under .300 Win Mag (for the ones I own), can't do that with a 5.56.
(1)I understood, I just think 7 minimum is better. Just like one should have 15 firearms minimum. The age old question: Shotgun, pistol, or rifle for home defense? Uh, yes please. (All three.) 😁

(2) There is a simple reason, to own more suppressors. 😉

(I'm being facetious mostly. Don't take me too seriously, it will hurt your brain 😆)

Thanks everyone.
I bought a YHM Resonator K. It's in jail so I don't have it yet. But I did a lot of research and from what I could find is a great suppressor. That's where I put my money. I mainly bought it for my Ruger American Predator in 308 but it's a very versatile suppressor from what I gathered.

I wanted a compact suppresses 308 bench rifle and I think it will be a nice setup once put together.

I looked into using Silencer Central to buy 4 suppressors. I decided against it when I got a call from a salesman telling me that they were having a sale but he was going on vacation the next day and I'd need to order them that day to get the sale price and it would only take 5 minutes to complete. He kept pushing me to buy right then and I got that old craptastic used car salesman vibe.

So, because their salesman wouldn't let me take my time to figure out exactly which ones I was going to buy at the time, they lost out on over $2k in a single sale. Opted to go with YHM and SilencerCo instead, saving more $ in the process.

I looked into using Silencer Central to buy 4 suppressors. I decided against it when I got a call from a salesman telling me that they were having a sale but he was going on vacation the next day and I'd need to order them that day to get the sale price and it would only take 5 minutes to complete. He kept pushing me to buy right then and I got that old craptastic used car salesman vibe.

So, because their salesman wouldn't let me take my time to figure out exactly which ones I was going to buy at the time, they lost out on over $2k in a single sale. Opted to go with YHM and SilencerCo instead, saving more $ in the process.
My brief experience with silencer central was bad. I called to ask a question and foolishly gave them my phone number. In the ensuing 2 weeks I got about 10 texts. Near the end they said my fingerprint cards had been received. Other texts said they received my paperwork. A couple more were similar. It was all BS (I made one phone call to ask a question and never sent them anything) and I finally had to block their number. Borderline scam company as far as I can tell.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top