JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My brother got his silencer after a year.

I am in Washington. I just found a group of guys to go shooting with. I am interested in getting a suppressor, now that i will hopefully be shooting more. I just googled a little and any advice suggestions would be nice.

I am looking at a multi caliber suppressor. Banish 46 and Dead Air Primal. Thoughts.

I tried the search bar here so if I missed an already going thread, oops.

Thanks everyone.

If you want to do it "right" you first need to identify what hosts you want to use a can on.

Next you have to decide what your priorities are and rank them:
Cost
Weight
Mounting style
Brand
Material
Availability
Durability (example, a light weight Ti can will not hold up to heavy use or short barrels very well)

In a "normal" world you will typically end up with 3 cans since there really is not "one" to fit all needs. You will want a dedicated .22 can since they are super lightweight, compact and cleanable. You will end up with a pistol caliber can and a rifle rated can even if they are multi caliber.

If you want to do it "right" you first need to identify what hosts you want to use a can on.

Next you have to decide what your priorities are and rank them:
Cost
Weight
Mounting style
Brand
Material
Availability
Durability (example, a light weight Ti can will not hold up to heavy use or short barrels very well)

In a "normal" world you will typically end up with 3 cans since there really is not "one" to fit all needs. You will want a dedicated .22 can since they are super lightweight, compact and cleanable. You will end up with a pistol caliber can and a rifle rated can even if they are multi caliber.
What? Only 3? I think you need at least 7.

One for .22lr, one for 9mm, one for 45acp, one for 556, one for 7.62, one for shotguns, then one multi-caliber. 😃

What? Only 3? I think you need at least 7.

One for .22lr, one for 9mm, one for 45acp, one for 556, one for 7.62, one for shotguns, then one multi-caliber. 😃
I guess a minimum of 3 would have been better phrasing.

I have never understood why a person would buy a 5.56 can. The weight and size difference between a 5.56 and a .30 caliber are so minor I would (and do) just stick to .30 caliber. I can use the .30 on pretty much any firearm under .300 Win Mag (for the ones I own), can't do that with a 5.56.

In pistol I can see possibly both a 9mm and .45. I have no plans on adding a can to any of my .45's so I ended up with a 9mm can.

I am in Washington. I just found a group of guys to go shooting with. I am interested in getting a suppressor, now that i will hopefully be shooting more. I just googled a little and any advice suggestions would be nice.

I am looking at a multi caliber suppressor. Banish 46 and Dead Air Primal. Thoughts.

Thanks everyone.
+1 on the Banish 46 !! Silencer Central makes it painless and comes to your door I am doing the wait on two which is the most painful part (and cost of course )

(1) I guess a minimum of 3 would have been better phrasing.

(2) I have never understood why a person would buy a 5.56 can. The weight and size difference between a 5.56 and a .30 caliber are so minor I would (and do) just stick to .30 caliber. I can use the .30 on pretty much any firearm under .300 Win Mag (for the ones I own), can't do that with a 5.56.
(1)I understood, I just think 7 minimum is better. Just like one should have 15 firearms minimum. The age old question: Shotgun, pistol, or rifle for home defense? Uh, yes please. (All three.) 😁

(2) There is a simple reason, to own more suppressors. 😉

(I'm being facetious mostly. Don't take me too seriously, it will hurt your brain 😆)

Thanks everyone.
I bought a YHM Resonator K. It's in jail so I don't have it yet. But I did a lot of research and from what I could find is a great suppressor. That's where I put my money. I mainly bought it for my Ruger American Predator in 308 but it's a very versatile suppressor from what I gathered.

I wanted a compact suppresses 308 bench rifle and I think it will be a nice setup once put together.

I looked into using Silencer Central to buy 4 suppressors. I decided against it when I got a call from a salesman telling me that they were having a sale but he was going on vacation the next day and I'd need to order them that day to get the sale price and it would only take 5 minutes to complete. He kept pushing me to buy right then and I got that old craptastic used car salesman vibe.

So, because their salesman wouldn't let me take my time to figure out exactly which ones I was going to buy at the time, they lost out on over $2k in a single sale. Opted to go with YHM and SilencerCo instead, saving more $ in the process.

I looked into using Silencer Central to buy 4 suppressors. I decided against it when I got a call from a salesman telling me that they were having a sale but he was going on vacation the next day and I'd need to order them that day to get the sale price and it would only take 5 minutes to complete. He kept pushing me to buy right then and I got that old craptastic used car salesman vibe.

So, because their salesman wouldn't let me take my time to figure out exactly which ones I was going to buy at the time, they lost out on over $2k in a single sale. Opted to go with YHM and SilencerCo instead, saving more $ in the process.
My brief experience with silencer central was bad. I called to ask a question and foolishly gave them my phone number. In the ensuing 2 weeks I got about 10 texts. Near the end they said my fingerprint cards had been received. Other texts said they received my paperwork. A couple more were similar. It was all BS (I made one phone call to ask a question and never sent them anything) and I finally had to block their number. Borderline scam company as far as I can tell.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top