I now hate the 4th and new years...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by cbzdel, Jun 21, 2010.

1. cbzdel

cbzdel
    Tacoma, WA

well partially that is.. the problem is simple.. the fireworks!! i dont care about them in a safety stand point or the noise does not even bother me but the sound it makes bothers me. All night long for the past week I have been hearing bang pow snap crackle pop exc... Tonight it was going on for a couple minutes straight and all of a sudden one goes off and I am think that sounded like a gun shot, any other night I would be getting dressed and ready to rock and roll but I just fall back asleep. Within 5 minutes my dog wakes me up for a bathroom break, and as I walk out side I notice moment near the street, I can make out that its an LEO so I walk over and ask whats up.. He asks if I have noticed anything not normal.. I say nothing other than fireworks, he says nothing to worry about. I say was a gun shot reported? He says why do you know something. I just say I dont know anything other than about 10 minutes ago in the middle of some fireworks I hear a noise that sounded more like a hand gun rather than a firework. He asks, how do you know what a handgun sounds like. I tell him I am firearm owner. He then tells me there were several reports of a shot fired but no evidence has been found, for all he knew someone was just driving down the street and shot up into the air.. So now i will be on edge as now I think the fireworks are just a disguise for a shots fired.

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn
    In Utero (Portland)

I loves me some fireworks! Lucky for me I know a guy! ;)

http://www.greatgrizzly.net/

I'm thinking about rolling out a 16,000 round firecracker roll this year, that's 16 minutes non stop. I did a couple 4000 rounders last year.

My neighborhood is more active than a war zone on the 4th!

3. smithmax

smithmax
    here

I wish my area would get rid of private fireworks. There are plenty of displays you can go see for free.

4. Martini_Up

Martini_Up
    NW USA

ho lee sheet!! a bashing fireworks thread!!!! I guess we should just sit in front of the tv and clap on account that its our country's birthday.... golf clap of course. don't want to wake the dog. :thumbup:

5. Dyjital

Dyjital
    Albany, Ore
    Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I find the biggest fireworks that I can modify and make the biggest bang.....

Had some close calls in the past.

6. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL
    Washougal Area
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This will be my first 4th in almost 18 years that I have not had to run around putting out fires and cleaning up the drunk carnage on the highways. This year I am looking forward to drinking some beer and blowing some S**t up :D Yes, I wanna be that guy :laugh:

7. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy
    between springfield and shelbyville

I still have a pretty good fireworks collection...
    I just cant take the liability anymore. I've watched too many flame balls falling behind my neighbors house. I'm tired of chasing them with a fire extinguisher.

I've been giving away my good fireworks with the promise that they wont be set off around my families houses or my own.

8. The B

The B
    NW Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

gunshots on the 4th and 1st are just a fact of life... i'm surprised you're not aware of that. most departments assign a detail on both dates to do nothing other than respond to shots-fired calls.

9. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy
    between springfield and shelbyville

It's a good thing nobody has ever tried that in front of me.
    I'd be on the phone reporting his/her name, address, and the make/model of the gun.

The only place i've seen a gun fired into the air to celebrate anything is in the movies or on TV.

10. drew

drew
    OR

I think most of the Portland metro area resembles a war zone on the 4th. I always marvel at seeing how many neighborhoods were setting off large amounts of fireworks.

11. drew

drew
    OR

I think I saw an article in the Houston Chronicle asking people to cut back on celebratory gunfire a few years back. Don't remember which holiday though.

12. Russianfist

Russianfist
    Sweet home, Oregon

Lost my taste for doing fireworks about 10 years ago after almost burning down the north jetty in Florance. Year after that the dog had a stroke during a 4th of July freakout. I even got rid of my 4" mortor. Wish I had kept that thing :(

We still do them but not on the scale we had done them before.

13. pokerace

pokerace
    Newberg

I dislike the bottle rockets have found to many on my roof.
    Just to much chance of a fire.

14. cbzdel

cbzdel
    Tacoma, WA

i expected a different response for a thread about gun shots fired in my neighborhood. :confused:

anyways I am not a 4th & 1st basher, I just now dislike the boom, boom, boom and the middle boom was actually a gun shot.

15. Redcap

Redcap
    Lewis County, WA

Well, part of your problem is living in Fife and it's proximity to the hellhole known as Tacoma...

16. cbzdel

cbzdel
    Tacoma, WA

actually i live in tacoma, I have never updated it haha..

17. sprice37

sprice37
    Albany Oregon

oxy, acetelyne, and latex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not that I have any involvement in that but oregon sucks in the fireworks we are allowed by law, thank you liberals:huh:

Although two ears ago on newyears some ahole now ex neighbor decided to get hi high point 9 confiscated. Emptied the whole magazine in the ground next door. I was not happy with my 2 year old sleping upstairs. Fastest response I have ever seen from albanys finest.

18. Trlsmn

Trlsmn
    In Utero (Portland)

I have to say you'd never know that there are any fireworks outlawed with the stuff I see everywhere in Portland on the 4th.

19. Martini_Up

Martini_Up
    NW USA

If not for the booms, how would someone celebrate the birth of their nation? sleep in? eat a shriveled black hotdog? :bluelaugh:

20. speelyei

speelyei
    Willamette Valley

I'll definitely load the Hawken up with a paper wad and a reduced charge and let 'er boom on the 4th.