JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
oxy, acetelyne, and latex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not that I have any involvement in that but oregon sucks in the fireworks we are allowed by law, thank you liberals:huh:

Although two ears ago on newyears some ahole now ex neighbor decided to get hi high point 9 confiscated. Emptied the whole magazine in the ground next door. I was not happy with my 2 year old sleping upstairs. Fastest response I have ever seen from albanys finest.

I want explode-y fireworks too. It's to the point where I just don't even get fireworks. Why would I? "Oooh... cool... it...sparkles?"

And that guy is a moron that deserved to have his gun taken.

I LOVE fireworks. Here in the big town of St. Paul, home of the nation's largest 4th of July Rodeo, they are having 5 nights of fireworks. (June 30-July4) I'm gonna be in hog heaven!

I live in the county, and fireworks are still legal. This year my wife asked me not to spend money on fireworks, since all that money just goes up in smoke. She said I should get something that I can keep around... So... Memorial Day weekend.. I test fired her... and oh man.... The 4th and New Years is gonna be FUN!!! :D :s0155:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhLrQwUxvIo

You are lucky your wiffey rocks!

When I was a kid I had a job at Bimart and some guy on the 4th was lighting off M80s and was setting off our alarm. After a couple of security calls to the Cops they disarmed the alarm.
The guy under cover of a couple dumpsters knocked a 2ft hole in the back concrete wall that's about a foot thick and tried to break into the safe. Luckily he didn't get in it. But it was a good plan, I guess.

Also I feel for all those who a Veterans of wars that suffer from flash backs.
A friend of mine spent 8 months or so in Iraq and four years after she came home she went camping last year on the 4th and ended up in the fetal position crying under a truck at the sound of mortars.

It's really sad.

Thank You Vets!

I love fireworks. As a youth, and as an adult, I've always had fun with them. Luckily never been hurt. I've seen some really stupid stuff, and have seen people get hurt, or fields catch fire, because of careless behavior. We live too near trees, and woods, so I don't do fireworks at my house. I think the 4th is a great day, to set up some strings with pop cans, and sit out back shootin the .22. It goes pop, like a firecracker, but is less likely to burn down the woods. My main complaint when I lived in town, is how people drift up the fireworks cardboard mess along the road, and then when the 4th is over, it's still sitting there in front of my house for a week. I don't care if it's the 4th of July, or the 4th of December, if you deposit a bag full of refuse on my lawn, then you better pick it up. Needless to say, I don't live with those types of neighbors anymore.

I have mixed feelings. The libertarian in me thinks people should be free to choose for themselves what type of fireworks to use. But the part of me that doesnt want my house burned down gets a little P'O'd at the drunk morons who set off the illegal bottle rockets that I have had land on my roof. The current situation whereby people drive up to Vancouver to buy the stuff they cant have in Oregon isnt working and only encourages unsafe behavior.

My solution? Set up a designated area in each town such as a large parking lot where "illegal" fireworks can be safely used without fear of prosecution. Park a fire truck and an ambulance there, with the occasional police drive-by to deter drunkeness and dangerous behavior. And then strictly enforce the rules in other areas.

For myself, I am perfectly content with the stuff that is legal in Oregon. I go and spend my $15 or $20 at the local fireworks stand, light 'em off, clean up the mess and call it good.

I will admit to being jumpy and I have tried find a bunker or other cover at times. Still I like the fact that so many enjoy the freedom to set that stuff off.. Oh I worry some about it being a diversion and I am concerned some in a safety sense, but all in all, it is OK with me. let 'em Rip!

The age old question ... if a round goes 'up' in the air at 1,200 FPS how fast will it come down? .... ;)

So it goes up at 818 MPH... I would think it would only take 5 to 7 seconds for it to expend it's vertical travel and then accelerate down.

Doesn't seem to have sufficient time to reach terminal velocity so it should strike the ground between 150 to 250 FPS would be my guess.

But you probably have a better answer!

My dogs hate the fireworks on July 4th and New Years - they are miserable wrecks for 48 hours. I've had neighbors set fireworks off near us when we were walking our dogs on the morning of the fourth, which is pretty damn irresponsible. I won't make that mistake again.

I recognize people's rights to be complete idiots and blow their fingers off and blind themselves. I just wish they'd do it far away from me, or alternatively enjoy watching the professionals do it at a real fireworks show.

Luckily the idiot who was the worst offender in my street moved out last year, so it might be a little bit quieter this time around. Regardless, I'll be holed up with the dogs in the basement, watching something loud on TV.

So it goes up at 818 MPH... I would think it would only take 5 to 7 seconds for it to expend it's vertical travel and then accelerate down.

Doesn't seem to have sufficient time to reach terminal velocity so it should strike the ground between 150 to 250 FPS would be my guess.

But you probably have a better answer!

Actually, it probably would come down at terminal velocity, which is probably significantly lower than 1200 fps.

Quick google says TV of a bullet would be about 200mph, or about 300 fps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_velocity

Used to have a neighbor who drove a service truck. He'd do the oxygen acetylene garbage bag trick in a field. BeJeebus it was loud. I'm assuming by the rate that he packed up after ignition, that he expected to get in trouble if he didn't make himself scarce. Go Vantucky!

Used to have a neighbor who drove a service truck. He'd do the oxygen acetylene garbage bag trick in a field. BeJeebus it was loud. I'm assuming by the rate that he packed up after ignition, that he expected to get in trouble if he didn't make himself scarce. Go Vantucky!

Plastic 55 gallon drums make an awesome, resonating boom. About 10 minutes worth of mix seems to be a good fuel/air ratio.

What I find disturbing is how many gun owners. Those suposedly interested in freedom and liberty, oppose freedom and liberty.

Shame on you!

For the record, I am 41 years old and I have NEVER, and I truly mean never, bought any fireworks. I have no interest in blowing up firecrackers, etc... it is not my thing. I much more enjoy everyone else and watching the larger shows put on by big groups.

However, concerning fireworks, I would never limit anyone's freedom to light them off and scare the bejesus out of me or anyone else.

Freedom is to precious to think that in regards to fireworks that myself or any government authority should regulate or limit the use of fireworks.

As a parent of two young ones, I expect the fireworks on the 4th and 1st (no complaints), but what bugs me is the fireworks going off on all of the nights leading up to, and following, the 4th. Makes getting and keeping a baby to sleep very difficult. ANNOYING!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top