JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I purchased a safe from Mountain View Safe Co, and I love it. So far so good there. The problem is that Charlie delivered it nicely into my garage and I am having some difficulty getting it off the pallet that it came on.

I purchased the big one (~1100 lbs) and I can't seem to get it off of there with my friends help. I'm a big guy (6'7" 250 lbs) and I thought we could just walk it to the back of the pallet and lower her down. That isn't working for us. I don't need to move it, just get it off the pallet. Any ideas on how to get this monster off a pallet? Thanks guys and gals.

Jon

Last Edited:
I hate to have to ask this but did you unbolt it from the pallet?
I would use some rags and a pry bar to slightly lift one side and get a thin rug or even cardboard under it to help it slide on the wood. Once one edge if off the pallet use a hand truck as a fulcrum to get it from pallet height to floor. Then get a guy on each side with 2x4's and blocks using as fulcrums and get pallet out then lower. Worst comes to worse light the pallet on fire and check the fire rating.....LOL

I have not done this and this is only an ideal.
I have worked out

An engine hoist, be sure it is rated for the weight and heavy cargo straps may work.
You lift the safe just enough to clear the pallet. Pull the pallet.
Have 4 shorts pieces of 2x4 to put unde each corner at a 45 degree angle. this will let you pull the straps when you lower the safe onto the 2x4.

BE VERY CAREFUL HERE.
You will also need two really stong guys to tilt the safe back just enough to have someone yank the 2x4 from the corners. A pice of sting on th 2x4 makes this fast and safer. Ease the front of the safe to the ground very gentlely.

Tilt the safe toward the front and yank the 2x4 from the back side and ease the back down to the ground.
YOUR DONE.

MY YEAGER CAME THE SAME WAY. I am short and old, so it's still on the pallet. I have powder nailed the pallet to the concrete, drilled 2 large lags into anchors in the concrete and secured it to the walls of the building.. It's staying I hope. The Pallet gives me 5" of lift/height, which should help you too, but incase we get water into the garage, I have a slight help.. Just my look at this problem.

This is the reason why god made teenage boys.

I resurrected this thread because of an email I got today from a local high school athletic team that was looking for projects for its members to do so that they could raise money for a future trip, which got me to thinking. If any of you still are struggling with a way to get that safe in your garage moved to the right spot in your house, you might want to give the local football or wrestling coach a call to see if you can hire a few of his beefier players for a bit of a go at it. I'll bet that the donation would be tax-deductible as well.

Got a buddy with a winch and a snatch block? If not then a two fold and some muscle should do the trick.

A two fold is a double wheel pully and gives you some serious mechanical advantage.

Have fun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top