JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I resigned today. I'd prefer not to get into the specifics yet but I'm looking for work. I have armed security patrol experience as well as customer service experience and management training. Anyone have any leads or better yet, work somewhere that is looking to hire? Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Please no comments along the lines of "You shouldn't have resigned", as I didn't have a choice. I know we all understand that this economy is not an environment for new employment, which is why I'm looking for help anywhere that I can get it.

Well, overseas security contract work is probably a viable option for you right now.

My company is sending me back out to the eastern WA desert for a few more months. After that, I'll be looking for overseas work myself. Its the best way I know of to pay off your debts/house in a year, maybe two.

Keith

ok I would check the federal security contractors at some of the federal buildings. fed courthouse is us marshals but irs and social security offices are contract. USAJOBS - The Federal Government's Official Jobs Site has all the federal gigs in all disciplines local and around the world. then start to research federal contract companies. Fed is viewed poorly on this sight, but it is a great employer with lay-offs few and far between. hope it helps and happy hunting.

40 years ago I was in the same situation!
Forgine language skills?
basic inf. skills?
leadership skills?
yeah, me too!
I went back to SE Asia. I was paid well and lived, but it did not end well; we thought we had beat the commies! (Joke):s0114:
Evile never dies; just look at the news!
Get a job driving a cab in a 'Friendly community'. get that paycheck, make your wife happy/secure.
Warriors are never needed in the livingroom, like a beast, like what we are. We are hard on the curtins:))0, furniture, and barely tolerated in the backyard.
We are here for you, anytime. We are not your squad mates or your CO but we are vets and we have been through the sh*t.

Hi, try going to the above USAJobs website and look up National Oceanic Atmosphereic Administartion or NOAA. I sail on there research ships, the pay is good and you get lots of training. You would start at the bottom, but with NOAA you work up fast. A lot of retired or guys who have served are on the ships (Navy, Amry and Marines). Check it out and maybe if you don't get sea sick-you would like it.

Before I got my current employment, I was seriously considering the Military Sea Lift Command. One the west coast they are out of the LA area, SF Bay area and Seattle. A lot of different style jobs, just have to get the seaman card(don't really remember the proper name, but allows you to sail/work on ships leaving and entering the US). Might be something to look into.

If you don't mind being away from home for long amount of times, then there is jobs out there for you. Like some have said about sailing. Its pretty easy to get your security/sailing card (don't remember the right name at the moment). There is jobs out there for that line of work.

Or just looking for a job, MSC... I am just looking for something that will get me "ahead" instead of "get by". So in the next month or so I'll be headed off to Norfolk to go work on a boat for 4-8months @ MSC.

What a cock-up!
See after N.R.O.VN
I was looking for a job as well!
WOW what an intersection of,,,the things that no-one will speak of!
When did you graduate?
You have no Buds score
You never even served
you did 6 years in collage
Community Activist
I need to know more about those days
and you aint no 211B
And yes the Disc is back

What a cock-up!
See after N.R.O.VN
When did you graduate?
You have no Buds score
You never even served
Community Activist
and you aint no 211B
And yes the Disc is back

Huh???????

Well, come next friday I will be unemployed too. I told my wife I had a line on a 100K job. I said Afgahastan. She said No. end of discussion....
But I got a new 45 tonight:)

What a cock-up!
See after N.R.O.VN
When did you graduate?
You have no Buds score
You never even served
Community Activist
and you aint no 211B
And yes the Disc is back

Is there a nugget of... something? in there?? :huh:

What a cock-up!
See after N.R.O.VN
When did you graduate?
You have no Buds score
You never even served
Community Activist
and you aint no 211B
And yes the Disc is back
'
Shouldn't someone that did 6 years in "collage" actually be able to spell college? :winkkiss:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top