JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And he was a genuinely nice down to earth guy. His wife was a very sweet lady too. Changed their tire for them after they picked up a nail. Nice when you meet a semi famous person and they are normal people.

Yes he is genuinely a very nice person. I miss him from TV. He was one of the truly good journalists from KATU's glory days.

I have been in the Rose parade for many years. One year he passed bottled water to the folks in my band. No fanfare, no name tag, just a swell person.

And how nice it was of the OP to change his tire.:)

Last Edited:
What a great video. They need to run that on all news stations, several times, every year on the anniversary date of "The exploding whale".

A simpler, better time in Oregon.

Nice of you.
Is he getting to old to change a tire now?

He is 70. Got the call randomly as they are AAA members. The process is a lot faster and safer with the tools we use as opposed to the cheap crap car makers put in cars these days.

As an aside, just last week I had a fellow need assistance who was changing his own tire, when the cheap scissor jack that came with the car buckled and everything fell when he was trying to remove the lugs. Not the first I have seen like that. Pretty scary when one second the car is up the next its lurching and falling.

What a great video. They need to run that on all news stations, several times, every year on the anniversary date of "The exploding whale".

A simpler, better time in Oregon.

They do.:D

I watched it again last night, and laughed all over again.

This was almost as good as the misadventures of the New Carissa sage. Proving once again that government is the only one qualified to mishandle the situation. A lot of parallel thought processes in both situations. Having watched both unfold on live TV I got a lot of good laughs out of both of them.

I met Paul and Margay from the old Am North west morning show, back in the very early 80's they did a story on our school class and were with us the entire day, the film crew and both news anchors were simply awesome with us kids, we had lunch in the class room with them and each student was interviewed in front of the camera. I still have a copy of the news video and pictures our teacher took and made copies for each and every one of us! Man, I'm glad Paul is still around and doing well, those were certainly the better days of Oregon!

This was almost as good as the misadventures of the New Carissa sage. Proving once again that government is the only one qualified to mishandle the situation. A lot of parallel thought processes in both situations. Having watched both unfold on live TV I got a lot of good laughs out of both of them.

Oh man, I forgot about the New Carissa! What a cluster f$%k that was! I remember watching the live footage as they tried to deal with that ship.

But, back to the OP. I have always enjoyed Paul Linnman. More recently, he was the morning host on KEX and I would listen to him on the way to work. One day, they had dumped him for some loser out of Hollywood they thought, for some reason, would be a better fit. Well, that anti-gun Hollywood guy didn't work out so well on a station that had a more conservative audience, so he's gone now, but Linnman lost his spot to that loser and didn't get it back. I stopped listening to anyone on KEX after that. He was a good radio guy, and news guy, don't see a lot of that any more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top