JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We were so deprived, we actually watched the test pattern as long as it was being broadcast.

Oh yes, a different world.

Damn old black and white TV had a hard time with the horizontal hold rolling along on the time, put some foil between the rabbit ears to try and get better reception.

When I was about 12 or so, my Mom hated Portland wrestling but would go to bed so I could watch it with the volume turned down. If I had a friend or two over, we would carry the TV upstairs to watch it. Damn thing never worked real good after that.

You had to have seen Tom Peterson on late night with his 1 am wake up commercials when we were completely wasted on the couch, late 70's.

Shag also owned a bar around NE 15th & Alberta named Shag;s Arena. In my wild and crazy days the early 70's I went there with a wild and crazy girl I was dating at the time. We were the only white people in there but it was back in a more restrained day so nothing happened. It was a very interesting place.

Remember the unwritten rules you quote you post

These guys were doing so much blow in those days to get that jacked up....

Roddy blasting Snuka in the head with a coconut will never get old. 2:00

Man, those were some crazy dudes. One of my favorites back then was Billy Jack Haynes. Sometime back in the 80's, he opened a gym in Oregon City and had Hulk Hogan there to help dedicate it - that was big news in Oregon City back then, and yes, I was there for it.

I used to waych Portland Wrestling with my grandparents religiously. We were bummed when it ended. My grandmothers fav 'wrastler' as she pronounced it was Superfly Snuka. Personally I liked Piper more.

Good Ol' Billy Jack Haynes! Man, that guy was awesome!
I think I remember Hulk being here, it was about the time he started getting really popular! Andre the Giant was always a fun one to watch, so sad he passed away!
Always loved watching the British Bull Dogs tag team, those guys were real athletes with what they were able to do in the ring, and even though we all know most of it was fake, man, did it look cool!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top