JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll have to side with the 'collectable' but shootable crowd. So for me that would most likely mean a Colt or S & W revolver that is new enough to be reliable but maybe a bit on the 'rare' or otherwise desirable side to ensure it remains valuable with good resale potential. I am sort of in a similar situation and considering a moderately collectable S & W revolver that will still be shot.

I have a 1/5000 Colt that I have stored since 1974. I've never fired it just looked at it once a year. Thankfully it is the only collectable I have left. At one time I had a number of collectibles, they were a burden and I'm happy their gone.

Last Edited:
What I wouldn't buy is a 4" Chiappa Rhino...because I already have three. I carry one of them every day.

Well, but we all know that the REAL reason why you switched to carrying a Chiappa is because you have become completely enraptured with Harley Quinn. :D

Do you plan to see SUICIDE SQUAD on the opening night?

Suicide_Squad_Harley_Quinn_covera.jpg

Last Edited:
No, I'm not asking you to suggest a gun for me, I'm asking what gun YOU would buy.

Pretend you're at a gun shop that has every single gun available and someone is writing a blank check to buy you a gun, whatever gun you want. What handgun do you walk out with?

I would walk out with none, as I am happy with all of the handguns that I currently own, and do not need anything else.

Do you currently own a SIG? A Beretta? A Walther? Many people overlook these brands.

Semi-auto-auto pistol. Tough to own in some geographical areas. I had my Uzi carbine sent out of state for the same reason. Probably will sell it.

I would walk out with none, as I am happy with all of the handguns that I currently own, and do not need anything else.

Do you currently own a SIG? A Beretta? A Walther? Many people overlook these brands.

SIG, no. Beretta, .22 only (Neos, Bobcat). Walther, does a Bersa Thunder count? :p

Of course...I even have my outfit picked out.

I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth. Can I pay an admin to change his user name to "Boner-Killa"?

Since I am a 1911 fan, I'd consider a "barbecue gun," a fine shooter but something that is beautiful to look at, probably a tastefully engraved full sized blue steel piece by Ed Brown.

I've had a Wildey, tried the Desert Eagle. Wanted by never tried the LAR Grizzly. I think if the newly reincarnated Automag gets of the ground, I'd go for it.

Yeah, the mighty .500 S&W is on the list, the John Ross special edition.

There are lots of others I'd like, such as 3.5" M27 Smith, a nice old Triple Lock, a proven good Detonics, etc. But the specification here was "pocket full of money" and "gun for fun." I've reached the age where I do appreciate beautiful guns, just don't believe in guns I can't shoot when I feel like it.

SIG, no. Beretta, .22 only (Neos, Bobcat). Walther, does a Bersa Thunder count? :p

You should treat yourself to a high end SIG then. If you like .45's but don't especially care for 1911's, the SIG P220 is a great gun.

If you instead prefer Polymer framed guns, the Beretta PX4 and the latest Walthers are great pistols. I have one of each, besides a P220. If you like all metal pistols, but don't want to shell out the money for a fancy SIG, a more affordable choice would be a CZ 75 B, which can be had for less than $700:

cz75bstainless.JPG

I think I just threw up a little in the back of my mouth. Can I pay an admin to change his user name to "Boner-Killa"?

No, I don't think that would be possible. I believe that PlayboyPenguin would object to having that name. I do not believe that he supports killing boners.

Maybe a mint S&W Model 27 with a 4" barrel. They only made them for a short time in that barrel length, and I love the look and feel of the classic N frame with the 4" barrel. A Python (6" barrel royal blue, please, to replace the one I foolishly traded off 30 years ago) is always a good option. Another timeless classic is the 2 1\2" S&W Model 66.

That is pretty much what I was going to suggest, just slightly different. Mine would be a 3.5" M27-2; 4" M66 (early years with the stainless sights); 4" Colt Python (Royal Blue or high polish ss); and the granddaddy of them all- a 3.5" Registered Magnum. Maybe throw in a 4"M629 (no dash P&R) for something other than .357.

You should treat yourself to a high end SIG then. If you like .45's but don't especially care for 1911's, the SIG P220 is a great gun.

The stainless 220 IS an attractive gun...

No, I don't think that would be possible. I believe that PlayboyPenguin would object to having that name. I do not believe that he supports killing boners..

But look at the picture he posted! He certainly killed any I'm likely to have for a while!

Last Edited:
I like it. Hunting handgun for the 1911 fan. Might be a tad heavier to wear to town than a LW Commander or Kimber Pro Carry, but it sure would be nice outdoors.

It's an interesting question posed to us. Pick a gun you want, a "fun" gun, not a necessity. You can go four figures, but certainly not five. What will it be?

A pair of Sig Sauer P226 Legions with sequential serials (if possible). I love the ones I have, but the P226 Legion is next up on my list. If someone else was paying, I would definately go for the pair.

image.jpeg

Last Edited:
No, I'm not asking you to suggest a gun for me, I'm asking what gun YOU would buy.

Pretend you're at a gun shop that has every single gun available and someone is writing a blank check to buy you a gun, whatever gun you want. What handgun do you walk out with?
HK MP5 with a registered sear or trigger pack. It would be worth the 6 month wait.

Sounds like the OP is leaning to semi-autos. In that case, I would consider one of the S&W Gen 3 guns. Something in 10mm or .45 ACP. There are charts available online to decode the 4 digit model numbers but 10XX and 45XX is a good start. They have been "rediscovered" in the last couple years and have really grown in popularity and price. For something special, I noticed there is a factory lettered 1076 FBI contract gun on gunbroker right now and would certainly be something you won't see at every gun range.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top