JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I did a trade for a Remington 22 with a good canidate of a stock. The stock was covered with some kind of epoxy base clear. Stripper would not even touch it. The wood has great figure and I though it would be a nice one to reblue and refinnish the stock. Started with 40 grit to get the coating off- finnished with 320. 5 coats true oil wet sand 600 grit, 5 coats true oil wet sand 600 grit, 5 more coats true oil and I still might go 10 more coats. The barrel was cut and had no sights, so I taped and mounted sights, filled the dovetail and reblued. New steel trigger gaurd, Not happy with the mag tube so it will get another polish and reblue. mounted sling swivels and made a new scope mount the old one was just a little off center so had to use a shim. I think it turned out nice and will shoot it tomorrow.

Thanks for the thumbs up. I took it out and it shoots pretty good. SO now Im tearing it down again to reblue the mag tube and more wet sanding and true oil.

Samuel PM me your phone number.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads