Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I like Remington's

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by cyclesurvival, Sep 19, 2011.

1. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

So I did a trade for a Remington 22 with a good canidate of a stock. The stock was covered with some kind of epoxy base clear. Stripper would not even touch it. The wood has great figure and I though it would be a nice one to reblue and refinnish the stock. Started with 40 grit to get the coating off- finnished with 320. 5 coats true oil wet sand 600 grit, 5 coats true oil wet sand 600 grit, 5 more coats true oil and I still might go 10 more coats. The barrel was cut and had no sights, so I taped and mounted sights, filled the dovetail and reblued. New steel trigger gaurd, Not happy with the mag tube so it will get another polish and reblue. mounted sling swivels and made a new scope mount the old one was just a little off center so had to use a shim. I think it turned out nice and will shoot it tomorrow.

2. cyclesurvival

After photos

3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That looks real nice friend.

4. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

what would you charge do do one of my stocks that is stripped?

5. cyclesurvival

Thanks for the thumbs up. I took it out and it shoots pretty good. SO now Im tearing it down again to reblue the mag tube and more wet sanding and true oil.

Samuel PM me your phone number.