JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The thing that is not PC to talk about, is the fact that just about every single firearms law on the books in the US are in direct violation of the constitution. The government - by pushing hard and fast in public view to create additional laws, talking openly and candidly about their desire to confiscate guns, and all the rest - has sparked genuine interest in constitutional law and rights in the younger generation, which by and large is the largest consumer of the types of firearms that they want to ban - well, ban first, at least. Many of them didn't really care about their freedoms long ago, until they saw how quickly they can really lose them at the hands of our politicians.

There is now a huge contingent of the young and middle-aged voting public who are beginning to question what right the government has to enforce even half of the firearms laws that they have on the books - and it doesn't stop there. Who do you think is the biggest force behind the new libertarian movement? Politicians like Ted Cruz? Well it's not your grandpa.

Look at the comments of the NPR article. Did you ever think that the majority of the comments on an NPR story about guns would be in opposition to any new firearms regulations? Look how many self-professed registered democrats are commenting, saying that they don't support this legislative push, and more than that - that they are tired of their own party using children as an emotional scapegoat to push universally unpopular legislation as the economy continues to crumble here in the US, and around the world.

The democrats kicked the hornets nest, it will haunt them in 2014 and beyond. Now a huge chunk of the population sees that "they want your guns" is no longer a tinfoil hat decree.

What happened to all the people that were on here throughout 2012 trying to convince us that neither Obama nor the democrats would try to push any new gun laws?

a bunch of 5 year olds got shot by a crazy dude in their classroom....... if u dont know the story im talking about go to bing.com and search sandy hook, it will be the first thing that pops up

that military-style assault weapons are — these are weapons of war

When any your prodigy enters military service, remind their commander to outfit them with an AR-15 and 10 round mag for their service rifle.

If you cant get the deer in three shots, you shouldn't be hunting. You are an embarrassment.

I know of a place called Kodiak Island, AK where we could drop you off with three rounds Mr. VP. And no, you are the embarrassment for you make wild claims which show a tremendous ignorance on the subject which you are denying those who are knowledgeable. The background checks you are pushing will have one benefit; it should prevent you from owning a firearm.

a bunch of 5 year olds got shot by a crazy dude in their classroom....... if u dont know the story im talking about go to bing.com and search sandy hook, it will be the first thing that pops up
What Grunwald is referencing is the fact that SOOOOO many members here (and you all know who you are) extolled the virtues of this president while others warned of this happening, and that was way before the sandy hook horror.

As Grunwald used the word "throughout" that sort of implies all of 2012, not just the last month of it.

If you don't know the timeline I'm talking about, go to any calendar, or bing.com for that matter and search for the day Obama was elected.

Did you know they say in DC that the chimney in the white house still pours out black smoke! We elected a prep squad cheerleader, when what we needed was someone to run this huge ship called the United States, and not run her into the ground.

Actually, while I am a rabid 2nd Amendment supporter to the point I will go to one of these counties with the 2A sheriff's and shoot if it came down to it, now it is clear national gun control legislation will fail (at least anything significant AWB, Mag Cap) it occurs to me that we owe a big thanks to Obama/Biden/Feinstien/democrats/liberals in general.

As no other group in the history of the country has done more to bolster gun sales and drive enthusiam for the shooting sports and self defense than these mis-guided emotional surface thinking liberals.

Kudos Obama/Biden/Feinstien and thanks for helping us sell several million AR's and swell the NRA ranks and pocket book to new record levels!!

We elected a prep squad cheerleader, when what we needed was someone to run this huge ship called the United States, and not run her into the ground.

We re-elected a backbone-less worm. I see em all the time. Can't accomplish or run a dang thing but self importantly criticizes everything everybody else does. When a problem needs a workaround solution they turn and run, don't want to be anywhere nearby. If we solve it he takes the credit. If the inspector or another trade doesn't like our solution it's not his fault. These types fool some people, for a while.

Hey guys and gals, I know this is a firearms forum and therefore guns should be the focus of the discussion, but the firearms issue is really just one distraction among many (ie. gay marriage, abortion or pot leagalization).

The key issue is the economy and the reallocation of resources. We are reaching the tipping point where more of the population is receiving from soceity than contributing to soceity. Our economiy is sliding into the toilet as we fill our education systems with non-essential classes and stifle our entrepenurial ideals. Now we have both political parties trying to be the first to provide immigration or medicare reform.

I know gun control gets your dander up, but why not focus as strongly on keeping our society together, rather than preparing for WROL or stockpiling ammo. When fools like Feinstein and Binden are apeing on CNN, it is to piss everyone (you and lefties alike) and distract you. Please write your congressman and ask them to drop spending time considering gun reform or other non-esseential crap and focus on what is important.

Thanks

so, we should just let them pass their gun laws because fighting them is a distraction?

I have news for you: they're not going to do anything about the economy, with or without these distractions. The truth is that they really don't know what to do. We've dug ourselves into a deep deep hole over the past 50 years by shipping the majority of our blue-collar jobs overseas, and we forgot to bring the ladder in with us. Those that are left here don't want to work, and even if they did, there are no jobs for them to take. The system of capitalism is broken until this balance is restored.

Hey guys and gals, I know this is a firearms forum and therefore guns should be the focus of the discussion, but the firearms issue is really just one distraction among many (ie. gay marriage, abortion or pot leagalization).

The key issue is the economy and the reallocation of resources. We are reaching the tipping point where more of the population is receiving from soceity than contributing to soceity. Our economiy is sliding into the toilet as we fill our education systems with non-essential classes and stifle our entrepenurial ideals. Now we have both political parties trying to be the first to provide immigration or medicare reform.

I know gun control gets your dander up, but why not focus as strongly on keeping our society together, rather than preparing for WROL or stockpiling ammo. When fools like Feinstein and Binden are apeing on CNN, it is to piss everyone (you and lefties alike) and distract you. Please write your congressman and ask them to drop spending time considering gun reform or other non-esseential crap and focus on what is important.

Thanks

Don't forget that without the guns there will be no fight at all for anything else. Allow "We the People" to be disarmed and there will be no fighting at all for any of the other issues you mention. That is why the fight to maintain out 2A rights is so important. It represents our ability to fight for all of the other rights we take for granted.

Thanks

Read the rules of this forum. The topic of the conversations has to do with guns.
We do get some leeway in the Survival and Preps section with regard to topics that deal with the economy. Mostly because when/if the economy collapses completed is when those preps will be needed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top