JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, where was the actual news in that article? Oh wait, it's not news. Just another well balanced opinion piece.
"I've been at the range and shot one of those big Colt Pythons that someone sticks a scope on or whatever, but you're an bubblegum and an idiot if you do that."

The vomments are just as polite and well thought out.

Splinter: a fragment, or tiny object, that penetrates the body. See also pus, blister, ingrown hair, sepsis.

Splinternews? ... likely a small, inflamed mind that seeks to get under the skin or fingernail of otherwise healthy productive people.

yeah this just irks me. i know kids are kids but, if youre not willing to take the "mystery" out of guns by taking your kid shooting and are a very un responsible parent leaving your guns all over the place, then no you shouldnt have guns. the majority of gun owners are some of the most law abiding and safety conscious people out there. that is a fact.

his "opinion" 100% is based off emotions.

fkin snowflake.

The good news is that the internet's here and now anybody can blog. The bad news is that the internet's here and anybody can blog.
Can't wait for the big Internet EMP.

part of me wishes we could go back to rotory phones and road maps...relying on directions like "go north 2 miles and you'll see a yellow house and a big rock, turn right to head east and go thru 3 stop signs then head north until you see the tree with the sign on it. drive 500 feet passed that and it'll be on the west side of the road, there will be a goat in the front yard. if ya hit the fork in the road you went too far"

the good ol days.

Bubblegum... I shouldn't listen to people who tell me what I need/have to do...

You may not need a handgun, but I'm glad I have one.

Reminds me of this one:

B0E914FB-096A-4765-8D01-3C7A592714BA.jpeg

So, where was the actual news in that article? Oh wait, it's not news. Just another well balanced opinion piece.
"I've been at the range and shot one of those big Colt Pythons that someone sticks a scope on or whatever, but you're an bubblegum and an idiot if you do that."

The vomments are just as polite and well thought out.
" You don't hunt with a handgun. I'm sure people do it, I've been at the range and shot one of those big Colt Pythons that someone sticks a scope on or whatever, but you're an bubblegum and an idiot if you do that."
This guy has never been to a range in his life. BS:(:(:(

Dig the logic of the flogger and the journal Pediatrics.
Stated Facts :
  • Gun ownership has declined among white families with children in 41 years, from 50 to 45%
  • Handgun as a percentage of those numbers has increased from 49% to 72% in that time.
  • Between 1976 and 2001, child death by firearm decreased to 36 per million. Since 2001, CDbF has nearly doubled to 63 per Million.
Conclusions:
  • It's because of gun design!
  • You don't need a handgun!
  • You're an as5hole and an idiot if you put a scope on a revolver.
Can someone say, non sequitur?
<in my best Valley Girl voice> I mean, I'm sure, the rise in CDbF correlates strictly with the increase in handgun ownership percentage. Totally!
What about CDbF in families of color? Did they die at a higher percentage than white children? GAWD! Save the white children!

It seems the author believes in the right to self defense with a firearm as he recommends a shotgun (much like Joe B. does) for the task. But what about when you are out and about Is he suggesting that we all use shotguns for EDC purposes. I am thinkng the chances of misplaced projectiles would be much greater with a shotgun. But what do I know, I have never shot a Colt Python.

I would like to see the author's thoughts after he is confronted with an armed thug at 2am in his bedroom. No way to call the cops (like that would do you any good anyway). For me the thought of possibly having to watch anyone of my family or friends being beaten, tortured, or raped while I am helpless is enough of a reason to own a firearm. I am not thinking I would come out on top in every scenario, but at least I'd have a chance with my guns. This guy would have zero chance - Unless he has super powers he's not telling us about. This new generation seems to think the local police/sheriff and our government can protect and defend him. They cannot, and should take "To protect" off the To Protect and Serve". I do want to add the majority of local law enforcement are for the most part good people. They just do not have a large enough force to protect the out of control population we are experiencing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top