JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had that one a few times. I can't sleep until I check out my HD ar and my carry gun. It's the worst feeling. The next day I'm always on edge, something feels off.

I had a close encounter with a Canadian grizzly when I was about 6 years old on vacation near Banff with my family...so occasionally every few years I dream about bears...and misfiring or empty guns. I figure one of these days I need to get a tag and bag one, conquer the sub-concious as it were.

Brutus Out

It's usually one of the same two dreams, left over from 32 years at the same job as a repairman. :rolleyes:
1. No parts to fix what I'm working on.:mad:
2. Changed buildings so often I can't find my car in the multi-level garage. :eek:

You know. I'm not sure?

It could be you have to wait two months?
Or you could already know? :D

Did you dream you already had this dream?
Or did you dream you were going to have this dream? :s0153:

Was the memory of the dream a real memory?
Or a dream memory that felt like a real one? :s0077:
I had a dream about dreaming of this dream, then in the dream I dreamt I forgot about the dream. After that I had a dream where I remembered about forgetting my dream... Or is this a dream? Damn it...

Do you guys ever have a dream then wake up chuckling going WTF? I had one of those last night.
I dreamt I was in a parking lot, presumably in Germany, carrying a stack of papers that someone asked me to take to the American Embassy. I couldn't find the Embassy. I asked a stranger, who turned out to be Chancellor Angela Merkel, where the American Embassy was and she had no idea. Merkel "lost" America....bit of a dream-commentary on current events? :rolleyes:

Dreams are "truthy" on some level, like another one I had where I dreamt that our neighborhood barber was the head of a spy ring. There were radio operators in the back room of the barber shop relaying secrets via morse code to the neighborhood and to all foreign capitals. Gossip central, get it?
My barber got a big kick out of that one.

Got a good/funny dream to tell? We're listening, and so is my barber...dah dah dah. dah dit dah...
When I was little I had dreams that really freaked me out and part of it was from a Michelin add where I was on a road being chased by a giant ball of this black stuff and I had to run away from it and eventually I would get tired and get crushed. And behind me the road would fall out. I was so freaked out.

Old age and body pain results in nightly interesting dreams. In color. With sound effects. With odors. The pain usually results in the themes being huge mega tsunamis, impossible high speed freight train wrecks and repeated heavenly impalement from endless plunging sky spears. Yikes!!

Sometimes I can control the dreams. One dream is recurring. I am on a perfect white sandy beach. Warm. Bright sun. Blue sky. White clouds. I am surrounded by the entire tiny bikini clad female portion of the USC college cheer leading squad!! Nice. A huge earthquake occurs. We fall down.

The ground stops moving. We regain our feet. The whole ocean draws back. A huge sucking sound. A mile of sea bottom is exposed. On the horizon I see a huge white line of incoming churning water. A huge tsunami! What to do. No where to run. No place to hide. We are doomed!!!

Then ... I look down at the white beach sand where I stand and scream at the top of my lungs ... "I WANT A CLASS AAA MEGA TSUNAMI DEEP SURVIVAL SHELTER RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!" Da da. Instantly a thick heavy armored deck hatch from the USS Iowa appears. We all climb down.

Down we go at least 50 feet using USS Iowa companionway ladders. I am last. I push a big red button. The hydraulic thick heavy armored blast hatch slams shut. We go through another vertical armored hatch. It slams shut. Ten scared bikini coeds. Me. Then I wake up and have to pee. NOT FAIR!!! :) :)

Old age and body pain results in nightly interesting dreams. In color. With sound effects. With odors. The pain usually results in the themes being huge mega tsunamis, impossible high speed freight train wrecks and repeated heavenly impalement from endless plunging sky spears. Yikes!! True!! Yep!

Sometimes I can control the dreams. One dream is recurring. I am on a perfect white sandy beach. Warm. Bright sun. Blue sky. White clouds. I am surrounded by the entire tiny bikini clad female portion of the USC college cheer leading squad!! Nice. A huge earthquake occurs. We all fall down.

The ground stops moving. We regain our feet. The whole ocean draws back. A huge sucking sound. A mile of sea bottom is exposed. On the horizon I see a huge white line of incoming churning water. A huge tsunami! What to do. No where to run. No place to hide. We are all doomed!!!

Then ... I look down at the white beach sand where I stand and scream at the top of my lungs ... "I WANT A CLASS AAA MEGA TSUNAMI DEEP SURVIVAL SHELTER RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!" Da da. Instantly a thick heavy armored deck hatch from the USS Iowa appears. We all climb down down down.

Down we go at least 50 feet using USS Iowa companionway ladders. I am last. I push a big red button. The hydraulic thick heavy armored blast hatch slams shut. We go through another vertical armored hatch. It slams shut. Ten scared bikini coeds. Me. Then I wake up and have to pee. NOT FAIR!!! :) :)

At least the earth moved for them. :s0114:

My current reoccurring dream was that I got an infinite credit card with a $1,000,000 limit and bought all my dream guns, a F-350 King Ranch, a crap load of land, and a hell of a lot of ammo. Also a nice 5th wheel to go around hunting in and a Boston Whaler fishing boat.

Okay, enough picking on Caveman's performance issues, because I've had the same dream/type of dream many times in my life, in fact just had one 2 nights ago myself - same thing. Either I am pulling a gun to defend my life or someone else, and I just can't squeeze the trigger (the most common one) or I'm about to get in a fight and suddenly I can't summon any strength to fight the person. I have a feeling these kinds of dreams are pretty common, probably more so in men. Historically, we're the defenders, the fighters, and I think most men would fear not being able to do just that.

Oh, they must be on my ignore list for a reason then.....
No worries, lalalalala laaaaaa

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top