JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do you guys ever have a dream then wake up chuckling going WTF? I had one of those last night.
I dreamt I was in a parking lot, presumably in Germany, carrying a stack of papers that someone asked me to take to the American Embassy. I couldn't find the Embassy. I asked a stranger, who turned out to be Chancellor Angela Merkel, where the American Embassy was and she had no idea. Merkel "lost" America....bit of a dream-commentary on current events? :rolleyes:

Dreams are "truthy" on some level, like another one I had where I dreamt that our neighborhood barber was the head of a spy ring. There were radio operators in the back room of the barber shop relaying secrets via morse code to the neighborhood and to all foreign capitals. Gossip central, get it?
My barber got a big kick out of that one.

Got a good/funny dream to tell? We're listening, and so is my barber...dah dah dah. dah dit dah...

Okay, enough picking on Caveman's performance issues, because I've had the same dream/type of dream many times in my life, in fact just had one 2 nights ago myself - same thing. Either I am pulling a gun to defend my life or someone else, and I just can't squeeze the trigger (the most common one) or I'm about to get in a fight and suddenly I can't summon any strength to fight the person. I have a feeling these kinds of dreams are pretty common, probably more so in men. Historically, we're the defenders, the fighters, and I think most men would fear not being able to do just that.

I think I know where this is gona end up. o_O

"Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

- Zhuanqzi

I once had a dream that I was in a situation where I had drawn my CC piece and it wouldn't fire!!!!!!! I woke up in a cold sweat and was baffled to say the least, not a good night!!!
That's the adult version of the dream where you get to your college course to find out you forgot to study for the final.

I had one not long ago where a stranger entered my bedroom when I sleeping and grabbed my wrist. I managed to kick him away, grab the Glock off the bedside table, and put two into center
mass and one in the head, just like in all the classes I've taken. It was very real and woke me up with my heart pounding.

Another time I had a dream so real it also woke me up. Thought someone was breaking into my glass doors off the deck and was coming into my house. Also managed to dispatch that person with afore mentioned Glock. It was so realistic I was about to get up and check to doors to make sure they weren't kicked in.

I wonder why we wake up when we have dreams that seem to be life threatening- like falling off a cliff or someone attacking you. We aren't in any danger from the dreams, but I guess our brain doesn't realize that.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads