JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last night I was watching a live feed of the Portland Protests and the lady said, "we are being peaceful but they are using violence against us, they are using tear gas against us". Seattle banned tear gas and the portland mayor is expected to today. The mayor also asked police to stop using stun devices, rubber bullets, and just recently their sound canon. Just the other day the city council asked police to stop using tear gas.

So if rioters are trying to set fire to the justice center (which has inmates inside of it) for a second time, what exactly are police supposed to do? Their job is to keep order and protect the prisoners. It seems like these folks will only be happy if the police sit back and watch and do nothing else. I mean nothing else. They have painted "kill cops", "kill all cops" all over downtown. Every night they chant, "all cops are bast&rds" and "quit your job" over and over. The mayor seems to only echo what the mob is saying. What tools do police have left? They already say "Please stop throwing projectiles", "please stay off the fence" (to the justice center) at least 100 times before they do anything. And they only do something when it is actually needed (such as attacks on them via projectiles or breaking down the fence), not on peaceful protesters (speaking of portland only, I don't know about other locations because I haven't watched their live feeds).

My one wish is for all law enforcement personnel everywhere to take a two week leave of absence
from their job. Two weeks should be plenty.
It might even be worth buying cable tv again for a while.

My one wish is for all law enforcement personnel everywhere to take a two week leave of absence
from their job. Two weeks should be plenty.
It might even be worth buying cable tv again for a while.
Yeah I was thinking if I were chief of police or a policeman, how the heck could I do my job? If they walked away in protest there would be chaos, and poeple would be calling for police to help. But then again, from what I can tell it seems like some of these antifa types get off by acting like they are the police. Saw one directing traffic on T.v. in downtown the other night and he looked like he was high or drunk. He gave confusing directions to the poor drivers and then he pointed at one driver to go right and then immediately stumbled right in front of the moving car. Nuts!

Oh yea I keep forgetting... Especially when a good portion of the police force are minorities (note I have no issue with that at all, but it does makes it hard to be "racist" when one is already of that race or other minority).
No logic allowed!

I was glad to see the volume of protesters out there. It gives good perspective of what we are up against. That is a lot of folks. We're gonna need more tear gas! And drones.

When the main body of roving bands of looting scum spiral concentrically out of their little protected urban zone, and come up your drive way don't bother having a rational discussion. They aren't coming to change your political position.

When they do their thing its in numbers same as a gang.I dont see 1 individual on their own taking a unshetered stance. And often in numbers they only bother old people and woman

Do peaceful protesters get tear gassed, or is that for the rioters? I'm guessing the latter, unless the peaceful protesters were standing downwind watching the action.

Do peaceful protesters get tear gassed, or is that for the rioters? I'm guessing the latter, unless the peaceful protesters were standing downwind watching the action.
Your guess is right (for Pdx anyway). Protests start around 8pm or so and after 11:30 is when police have been using it. And only on specific groups who are throwing glass bottles, full beer cans, etc at them, shooting them with fireworks or are trying to knock down the fence. Once those bad dudes start moving they do use it to keep them moving and that is where some bystanders can be in the same area as the violent ones move through where those bystanders are. I have never seen them use it on peaceful protesters (other than indirectly as mentioned above) and I've been watching 2 live feeds every night.

The Oregonian reported they we're throwing these last night. Should the police just stand there as a target?

"After what police said were demonstrators throwing projectiles including fireworks, glass bottles, blades, mortars, batteries, frozen water bottles and ball bearings, a civil disturbance and unlawful assembly was declared from about 11:30 p.m. to 2 a.m., and orders to disperse were given."

I know how the police can protect the justice center and not use any of the stuff wacky Wheelie says is bad.

THEY JUST TIE HIS DUMB KNOB TO THE FRONT DOORS AND WALK AWAY

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR