JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) be glad you havent recieved stolen goods
2) let it be know to your co-workers the value of this guy's honor
3) do not involve firearms in your discussions or actions
4) now that you know this guy will lie and steal, protect yourself and others from his lack of integrity

I would tell him he needs to refund your $. If he doesn't since you met his wife at her job to give her the money you are going to go there and talk to the owner/manager and let them know that she is using their premises to commit fraud and it reflects badly on them. If they are taking your money than they are taking other peoples and probably finding ways to scam her employer too.

Well I sent him a nice lil message n left it at that. I'm not gonna try to confront him. I dont need any legal trouble and he's all ready caused me enough head ache.

Well, that was anticlimactic:( I was hoping to see that you and your buddies donned cheap polyster suits, fedoras and baseball bats and persuaded him to see things your way. Or maybe you slipped a horse head into his truck with a note saying "pay me". Maybe you broke a finger for each of the panels he owed you.

I thought maybe you could kidnap his wife and hold her for ransom but that could backfire on you. He may not have wanted her back that bad!

Good luck, hope it works out in the end.

You have just learned a $120 lesson. Regardless of whether or not your buddy or his friend are a "good guy". You still don't know if the parts you're looking for are in an acceptable condition, yet you paid for them sight unseen.

If it means anything to you.... you DO know where the wife works. Go there and make a scene. Demand your money back for everyone to hear. Embarrass her in front of her boss and coworkers.

That's all I can think of.

This could get you in trouble even though I do like the idea.
I went through this a couple of years ago with a coworker whose boyfriend ripped me off. When the cops got involved, the girlfriend lied through her teeth and then went to my boss and told him I was harassing her. Your probably better off just writing it off as another crappy life experience with someone who isn't fit to breathe the same air as you.

I would however get LE involved even if it goes nowhere. At the very least local LE will now have their names and faces if they have been running under their radar.

I just can't believe that some one u actually know steals from u like that its crap..

I has one supposed buddy borrow $1500 from me and then vanish without repaying. The only payment I got was a few guns he had that a good friend scooped up before he could vanish.. not 1/3rd of what he borrowed, though

I would however get LE involved even if it goes nowhere. At the very least local LE will now have their names and faces if they have been running under their radar.

Yeah ,most of the time you tell them about a $120 theft and they'll give you the 'seriously?' look.
Is that really worth bothering a cop over? Doesn't he have better things to do like harass some OCer at a coffee shop?
But really,they will probably tell you good luck with that.Give them the names for their files but don't expect much help for 120 bucks

I'd report it to the police to be sure. You have contact info for the guy- it's their job to look into things like theft. If someone waved a knife in your face in an back alley and took that $120 they'd look into it for sure- this is no different, except you know the perpetrator which makes their job far easier...

I'd report it to the police to be sure. You have contact info for the guy- it's their job to look into things like theft. If someone waved a knife in your face in an back alley and took that $120 they'd look into it for sure- this is no different, except you know the perpetrator which makes their job far easier...

Actually it is different, the OP willingly gave them the money and not under duress. The perp could easily call it a "gift" and you're totally out of luck.

g-man.....you have recourse through small claimsbut you have to put the right ducks in a row. OR.....just let it go and sty a long way from these people.

120 bucks is cheep to get the guy out of your life for good. Yeah you could track him down and what if he don't have the money then what you get in a fight and in Portland that can lead to a measure 11 crime. So think of it like this best 120 buck ever spent to get rid of somebody. Hope it works out for you

What recourse does he have through small claims court? He has no witnesses. If you could win a case with no witnesses criminals would be filing claims against everyone they've ever met, to the tune of more than $120...

Going after him isn't a great idea either, even if you do manage to put this guy under enough duress to bring your money back he's not going to be happy about it. Making enemies who know where you live isn't really a good idea.

You could always go to her work and cause trouble for her (likely have her terminated alleging she's using their workplace for other business) again having lowlifes angry at you who know where you live...
You could also go to his wife if he has one, as we all know hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn.

I'd say you've likely lost your money, and learned a life lesson: And I'd say you got off pretty cheap for $120. In the future you and your new found cynicism will probably ended up saving money with this lesson.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top