JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so here's the deal.. the other day an old work "buddy" (so I thought) txted me n we started talken about our quads. I mentioned about some parts I was interested in getting and he said he actually had a buddy who had what I was looking for (black plastics for my raptor 660) anyways he said we could go get em but we needed to take the $$ to his wife n his son was gonna bring em to his wife's work.. well we got there n he gave the $$ to her and called up his buddies son an said we were waiting for him. Well 15 or so mins went by n nothing it was getting later so i just said when he brings em drop em off at my house... well a few hours went by n he was taking his time.. so i texted him n said I was going g to bed. Well today I txted him n asked wat the plan was.... and no reply... so about 30 mins later I called... nothing... texted again nothing.... finally I sent a text saying so i guess I just got screwed out of 120 bucks hu? And THEN he repaid saying ohhh nooo Im at work n didn't see ur txts and that he was going to finish up n give me a call.. that was at 9 hours ago. Now my calls n texts are being ignored.

So what should i do? I texted him one last time sayimg well I guess i didn't get screwed hu? And nothing... I no its only 120$ but still its the simple fact someone I no personally screwed me like that.. can I call the cops? Or anything or just bend over n take it?

Track him down and demand your money back. You met the wife so know where to find her.
You have every right to track them down and get your money back.

If not, I know a good private investigator that can track them down.

If you know where he lives go set up camp on his door step.. Either he pays you back or gives you what you paid for. Either way you dont get screwed. Or if you dont know where he lives you know where the wife works. Set up camp there.

hope it works out for ya.

You have just learned a $120 lesson. Regardless of whether or not your buddy or his friend are a "good guy". You still don't know if the parts you're looking for are in an acceptable condition, yet you paid for them sight unseen.

If it means anything to you.... you DO know where the wife works. Go there and make a scene. Demand your money back for everyone to hear. Embarrass her in front of her boss and coworkers.

That's all I can think of.

Ya, sounds like you learned a good lesson. And lost an old buddy all at the same time. Just don't forget because at some point this buddy is going to need something from you and you can say remember the time you helped screw me out of $120?

The only advice i would give you is if you continue to call or text this guy do it at the same time everyday, preferable when you know he is not at work, be polite and get to the point. Think, "Hello, this is GG, I'm calling about the $120.00 you owe me. When you get a chance, call me. I would like to settle this as soon as possible." The reason being, this could turn into a big mess if your friend, a thief, (IMO) files a harassment charge against you. As a gun owner the repercussions could cost you a lot more than $120.00.

I went through something similar about 7 years ago with an ex co-worker that owed me $150.00 and he threatened to file a restraining order on me. People like this (Thieves) know how to use the system and don't worry about the future or consequences. Though it still pisses me off, at least i don't have to worry about a RO or harassment charge showing up in a background check. My $.02.

Lefty.

Write it off,both the "old buddy/coworker" and the parts.
$120 ain't enough to start a pissin' match over at someones work or their house.

Just because you used to work with him,doesn't mean he doesn't have a drug problem or isn't able to steal from you.Do you know his money situation?
Maybe he owed the other guy $120 and you were the lucky one to call that day

They've already caused you more than $120 in grief.

Well IV decided ima give him all week to contact me.. and if nothing ima write him a nice letter expressing how sad I am that he's turned into this kinda person. If he's gotta change of heart he knows where I work n live an to feel free to drop off the $$ at anytime.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top