JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll admit I'm living a lie through my avatar....I only still own one of the guns in my avatar, and the ammo is long gone. I've thought about changing it some day, but I'm creature of habit and I hate to mess with folks like Joe by changing things up. Maybe some day...
Who cares about the guns and ammo, they're just a cool looking frame for the knife! :p

arrow-left.jpg

tac

There is only one option for me to change to;

WP_20161201_008.jpg

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, no explanation is possible.

I have a friend with a 200 MPH patch. I've been on the Salt to witness a 370 MPH pass in a wheel driven vehicle.

Not much of a spectator sport but I am sure the participants have a lot of fun

When i have the cash again I want to build out a Suzuki Hyabusa for drag racing and try that out. Other then that, a 1000cc gsxr would be fun on the track.

I've given up on riding on the road up here in portlandia. It's too dangerous, people watch for bicycles but not bikes.

@tac that must have been a hell of a ride!! [/QUOTE]

All I remember clearly is the thin green solid line over my head, reflected on my clear-view kneepad.

That 'thin green solid line of light' was the runway centre-line lighting with lights set 25m apart.

Ah, right. I forgot to mention that it was midnight, didn't I?

tac

A fighter pilot I met at Bonneville told me that whenever he got bored flying he put the plane on the deck, put it into afterburner, and turned it upside down.

There is only one option for me to change to;

View attachment 326414

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, no explanation is possible.

@IronMonster you are correct on both counts!! When were you at Bonneville?? I'd be curious to see if I know your friend. There aren't too many of us in the PNW.

@tac that must have been a hell of a ride!!

Current project I'm involved with;View attachment 326432

Ran 385MPH in August. Currently the eighteenth fastest wheel driven car ever. Ultimate goal is 550MPH. Target 550 MPH - Treit and Davenport

Gary Oliver is the guy I know but I would guess it's been 35 years since he got in the 200 MPH club. He actually crashed on the Salt and never went back, instead building drag and river boats. Must have been about 96 or 97 when I was there? The car was turbine driven and it seems like maybe the guy's name was Vessor or something like that out of Salt Lake?

One day I was playing around with gun photography. I had a board set horizontally with a bath towel on it. The camera was held by a jury-rigged stand, aimed downward at the board so I could set guns under it. I was doing long exposures on aperture priority so I was using the 10 second timer to activate the shutter.

I was working on a HiPower and after I started the timer my daughter's cat jumped onto the board. He layed on his back and looked right up into the camera just as it snapped. Some how he held still enough during the exposure that it came out clear. I have no idea why he did that or what the heck he was thinking, but it is definitely one of my favorite photos.

Last Edited:
Nope, don't know him. I started going in 1991. The car is the Turbinator and the owner/driver was Don Vesco. It is the fastest wheel-driven car currently, at 458MPH. Don passed away a few years ago but his brother Rick continues with the car, though not driving. They broke a driveshaft and killed a tire at 391MPH this year. Lots of YouTube videos of the car.

I have had this one for many years on a number of forums. Would probably confuse folks if I changed it. Plus, I kinda still like it.

Yeah.....When people change an avatar they've had for a long time, it's almost like having someone you're used to seeing all the time, change his FACE!! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top