JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday, I had the dog, Bo, in my avatar euthanized at the age of 12 years and 8 days. He probably could have gone on for another month or two, but in pain and with his failing strength and failing health increasingly staring him in the face every day. As it was, he went out still the proud dog he had been for me for almost 9 years. He was the best dog. May he rest in peace.

Losing a family member is hard, especially hard when they are the furry four legged ones. It really sucks that their life span is so short.

Sorry for your loss.

1663174774109.png

Aloha, Mark

Yesterday, I had the dog, Bo, in my avatar euthanized at the age of 12 years and 8 days. He probably could have gone on for another month or two, but in pain and with his failing strength and failing health increasingly staring him in the face every day. As it was, he went out still the proud dog he had been for me for almost 9 years. He was the best dog. May he rest in peace.
My condolences on the passing of your friend.

Thanks, but he was nowhere near as lucky as I was. Just the best dog ever.

Thanks everyone else for your good wishes. My little female shepherd and I are adjusting.
My "solution" to this has always been another dog. Some don't want to and that is of course up to them. Last time Wife's was "close" she kept saying she was not going to get another. I told her when mine went I would be looking that day. Hers went about a year earlier and she waited all of about 2 weeks and got the two we have now. Mine was NOT welcoming to the newbies for a good while being old and king. After he finally gave in and tolerated the puppies it was nice when I had to put him down to have them here. We are just their entire existence and while missing one we lost its so much easier when you come home the one one there acts like you are the most important thing in there life because you were gone an hour. :D

That hardest thing we ever have to do is say goodbye to our Fur kids, I know all too well! You gave the best life you possibly could, and your buddy will be waiting for you when that day comes!
Love them all you can, as often as you can,, they are only here for a short while!

Pets are family.
Doing what is best for them is difficult at times...but that is done out of love for them.
Luckily for us ...pets love us with all of their heart.

Sorry for your loss...no one truly dies if they are remembered.
Andy

It really sucks that their life span is so short.
Love them all you can, as often as you can,, they are only here for a short while!
They are such precious little souls and with us for far too short of time.

I am convinced this a by design and a gift from God, it is loss to help prepared us for the death of family and friends and to learn to come to terms and deal with it.

I am convinced this a by design and a gift from God, it is loss to help prepared us for the death of family and friends and to learn to come to terms and deal with it.
True... but I found out that my Dad, the Navy Chief, lied when he told me that it isn't as hard when you get older.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top