JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@KKG No problem. Say hi to my sister who also lives in Snohomish. I visit once in a great while. Need to get up there. I love the area.
We moved back after being in Kindy Kounty because my Bride worked for the Lazy B for 35 years. It's VERY Nice to be back. BUT, right now I'm recovering from a Broken Leg so I'm not too mobile. Hopefully, another there weeks should do the trick! I'm looking to set a few Flies before too long. I bought a boat to get out on the Lakes around here and it needs some work but laying in bed means I don't get much done.

Keep fishing!!!

Oh man you done for.
Lol ddd6d9d17645d0ea3775146d01d558e8--fishing--gone-fishing.jpg

Just wait .
It only gets worse.
Like when you got to the store and buy a bunch of stuff .
Only to get home and realize that half the stuff you bought .
You already have in your tackle box.
Lol just saying.
It happens

Just wait .
It only gets worse.
Like when you got to the store and buy a bunch of stuff .
Only to get home and realize that half the stuff you bought .
You already have in your tackle box.
Lol just saying.
It happens
:oops: That's so very true. There are several fly tying items I will never run out of, and unfortunately will probably obtain more of.

Next time you go and your wife doesn't want to go.
Just tell her your going with your friend Sam.
View attachment 604713

We'll never get the stink off the fish!! :eek:

BTW, when I took my wife salmon fishing on the Chetco in my drift boat, I'd spend the morning netting, dispatching, and putting her salmon in the fish box.... didn't even get to wet a line until she had her limit. I think I'll leave her home from now on...

Well this thread derailed. lol

ANYWAY....the fish does look like a whitefish. Pretty tasty eating, though I believe they might be kind of bony. The one you show there is kind of small. I used to fish for whitefish during winter when I lived in Utah. I'd catch them 9"-10", gut/de-head/de scale/ brine and hang in the Little Chief to smoke. The fun part of that fishery was I was usually the only one there with a lot of access, and there were brown trout in the catch too. You couldn't keep the browns that time of year but they were fun to catch and beautiful to see.

Well this thread derailed. lol

I just went back and you don't mention where you caught that fish? Whitefish inhabit particularly clean waters. You may also have a "Pea Mouth" there. It appears peamouth's don't have an adipose fin.....
1564764718114.png

Whitefish do have an adipose..

1564764757747.png

It's a Whitefish. Look at the mouth structure. The Pea mouth structure stops well before the eye. The Whitefish structure extends much farther back.

P

When I went and looked the mouths look to alike to me. 'Course I didn't look at the eye position. I kind of figure, in what experience I've had with whitefish, I don't think there are a lot of places where they both live in the same water.

Mike is right, I'd also like to add that peamouth are illegal to keep.
Always best to release when in doubt, so good on you.

Never heard of that before? How about cutting them up in pieces and using them to catch $4.00-$6.00 squaw fish? :s0155:
$

Guiding fly fishing trips in Alaska for five years burned me out. I suppose I really need to dust off the fly rods and explore western Oregon. All my Oregon fly fishing has mainly been on the Deschutes and tributaries...

Guiding fly fishing trips in Alaska for five years burned me out. I suppose I really need to dust off the fly rods and explore western Oregon. All my Oregon fly fishing has mainly been on the Deschutes and tributaries...
Pretty much the same...
I've wanted to fish the hex hatch on the williamson for years, maybe next year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top