JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to go to waters without rattlesnakes. Never minded bears, wolves, and moose, but I hate snakes. So Fall River was always a favorite...
Only fished the hatchery once, but I did pull a nice 5lb redband out of the falls there. Always been a problem of access on that river for me.
I like the metolius for those reasons, but I also don't mind snakes too much.

You'd both hate what I used, size 18 blue copper john... i've caught a ton of big fish on that.
I'm just upset I let the salmonfly hatch at mecca flats pass me by this year.

I refuse to play in crowds, so I have never fished the salmonfly hatch...

Again, guiding in interior Alaska ruins you for crowds.

I don't do crowds anymore either, like..... Pre '96, Tillamook Bay, Oysterhouse. Guides had a big part in souring me to crowds too.

10559.jpg

I don't do crowds anymore either, like..... Pre '96, Tillamook Bay, Oysterhouse. Guides had a big part in souring me to crowds too.
Playin' chicken with the guides was part of the game.
Wayne Purdy was PITA if I recall.

For those that don't know, you are trolling and here comes a guide (or private) from the opposite direction.
He wants to go to your right.
GAME ON !

Playin' chicken with the guides was part of the game.
Wayne Purdy was PITA if I recall.

For those that don't know, you are trolling and here comes a guide (or private) from the opposite direction.
He wants to go to your right.
GAME ON !

I remember the Toman's trolling outside the pack, and catching fish! And One time on the incoming, sort of a very, slow, almost hover trolling. A guide had hooked a fish and moved out of the pack to land it. This was close to the ramp. I was lucky enough to be in a position to move into where that guide had hooked the fish. The guide came back and moved up from the back of my boat, (small 12'er/7.5 Eska). That bubblegum had the bow of that sled withing a couple feet of the cowling of my motor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top