JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The humorous travesty of the .45 pimpers is that most use and will swear by using hardball/FMJ for defensive use.. which is funny since Elmer Keith would never even use that on jackrabbits out of his 1911's.. much more preferring a SWC or JHP/JSP (SWC's only for .45acp since they're so slow they perform like hardball on a jack etc. etc. so a SWC for that) in any centerfire handgun caliber for any sort of shooting (I don't think he had to speedloader RN's into his revolvers for competition since he didn't do that.. but he did compete on paper (SWC) and shoot meat with 1911's etc etc.).
The takeaway is do not ever.. nevermind.. you know best. anyway

So you never answered my question.. how do you generally top of your gat?.. from the mag of drop one in the pipe?

So you never answered my question.. how do you generally top of your gat?.. from the mag of drop one in the pipe?

Well, not sure about the OP, but everyone should be able to load a gun like this - not sure which one is most impressive?

Disclaimer - this guy does some stuff that's cool to watch, but I'd never try myself. Don't be stupid ;)

Last Edited:
Speaking of the OP, where did @Kimber Custom go? What gun were you shooting? Your original post didn't tell us. I suppose we could guess a 5" Kimber from your screen name, but...

Gen 2 Glock 19

Yes, I own a 1911 - a 4" Kimber Custom :) It was my EDC gun until my body ate the finish off of it. Had it hard chromed and when that wore off I determined it was time to switch to the Glock 19.

My Kimber is stamped Yonkers, NY but I believe it's an early NY so quality hadn't quite dropped to the modern production level that Kimber has succumbed to.

Someone asked how many rounds before failure - no clue. It was a police trade in I bought used quite a while ago. I've probably got 2k through it.

When my replacement arrives I'll try to post pictures of the damaged extractor.

Well, not sure about the OP, but everyone should be able to load a gun like this - not sure which one is most impressive?

Disclaimer - this guy does some stuff that's cool to watch, but I'd never try myself. Don't be stupid ;)

I'll be waiting for the articles talking about the accident that caused his injury/death.

Pretty stupid stuff, but impressive.
I would never carry a gun pointed at my man gun, just saying.

Must be catching . The extractor pin in my M&P Pro Core broke and sent the extractor and spring into the gravel. Fortunately it happened the day after a competition. Also fortunately it was an easy fix after S&W sent me a new pin.

The humorous travesty of the .45 pimpers is that most use and will swear by using hardball/FMJ for defensive use.. which is funny since Elmer Keith would never even use that on jackrabbits out of his 1911's.. much more preferring a SWC or JHP/JSP (SWC's only for .45acp since they're so slow they perform like hardball on a jack etc. etc. so a SWC for that) in any centerfire handgun caliber for any sort of shooting (I don't think he had to speedloader RN's into his revolvers for competition since he didn't do that.. but he did compete on paper (SWC) and shoot meat with 1911's etc etc.).
The takeaway is do not ever.. nevermind.. you know best. anyway

Seriously, 'deaf? Nobody that I know has used ball ammo for defense for decades?

Wow! This guy has had some verrry serious, too much time on his hands!

The burning question from this stupid thread is this:

Which contains more MIM these days, a Kimber or a Glock? There is no mystery as to why the OP's extractor "chipped." Machined steel doesn't chip like glued together and baked metal powder parts do.

Oh yeah, and "quality revolver" in no way describes a modern manufacture S&W for the same substandard construction shortcuts they take, as are found in Kimbers and Glocks.

That's correct, @Boats, Glocks suck and break all the time. I'm always having parts chip and break off. It's a wonder they even function for 100 rounds, huh?

And Kimber is on the back cover of every gun magazine so they must be awesome!

Glocks didn't suck for anything other than ergonomics back in the day. They've been busy cheapening them generation by generation though.

Now here's where you try to deny Gaston's penny pinching has no performance consequences on the end product.

As for Kimbers, the less said the better. They do suck, at least as far back as the move to Yonkers.

I went through my Kimber phase, for sure. I've owned 3 I think. All sold within a year. All of them had issues occasionally but regularly failing to go into battery, Ultra, Pro, and Custom sizes.

A broken extractor is game-over, lights-out in a gun fight, for sure. But I just have not heard of extractors breaking on Glocks across the nation. In theory MIM extractors could break more often, but in practice, it just doesn't happen except when lightning strikes. And lightning strikes every brand occasionally.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top