JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to out myself here, please don't be too hard on me, as I was pretty uninformed about gun laws a couple years ago, and only had a passing familiarity with firearms (the only guns we had were ones that have been in the family for a few generations). My own political leanings fall somewhere in between libertarian and anarchist and I usually support democratic causes, so I'm ashamed I admit that I was one of the people who voted to approve 594. This was solely because I didn't look too far into it and believed most of what I was heading in the news about the then-proposed law. I wasn't anti-gun, just in favor of "common sense".
Until I actually went into a gun store and talked with the owner about the process for buying a gun I didn't know that background checks were already required on all new gun purchases, that there was no "gun show loophole", and that what we actually need is better enforcement of the existing gun laws,not new redundant and ineffectual legislation.

BlackRyder, before the referendum was held, I talked to an employee of Cabelas that sold me a pistol about this issue. This employee told me that I-594 was a "good" thing, and probably considered himself to be a "constitutional patriot". I can forgive someone for being mistaken, but not when they work in a gun shop and should know better. I don't plan to buy any more guns, but if I do, I will buy it elsewhere and then send a letter to Cabelas telling them that I am boycotting them over this employee's statements to me.

My first impression of I-594 was I couldn't believe there could be that many ignorant democrats in the state to vote for this. After the vote came in I saw that they all live in Seattle, Vancouver and Spokane which is why the state is so messed up. All the people who have never owned a firearm in their life were voting on something they knew nothing about. Few even read the 17 pages of nonsense. They lied to the people and brought in a east coast traitor to coax liberals Bill Gates and Paul Allen into funding the advertising. So every dope smoking tree hugging gun hating Democrat in the state figured if Billy and Al wanted it then it must be good. What would two wealthy computer geeks know about the 2nd amendment. Apparently nothing.

All the people who have never owned a firearm in their life were voting on something they knew nothing about.

The utility of voting, revealed.

But the answer is clear. Enough people ignore a law, then the law does not exist.

BlackRyder, before the referendum was held, I talked to an employee of Cabelas that sold me a pistol about this issue. This employee told me that I-594 was a "good" thing, and probably considered himself to be a "constitutional patriot". I can forgive someone for being mistaken, but not when they work in a gun shop and should know better. I don't plan to buy any more guns, but if I do, I will buy it elsewhere and then send a letter to Cabelas telling them that I am boycotting them over this employee's statements to me.
Brent, send the letter anyway--they don't need to know that you're not buying from anyone else either, just that THEY have lost your business and why. Let us know if you get a reply, too. :)

I had a similar experience when I went into a Gun shop in Woodland Washington. He thought it was a good thing also. He apparently never read the 17 pages of nonsense that requires paperwork when you "transfer" a firearm. Which is nothing more than handing that gun to someone. When even the gun dealers are ignorant you know we have a lot of do in regards to informing them of the truth. I won't ever purchase anything again in that Gun shop.

This was the Cabela's in Lacey, Washington. I don't believe it was the official policy of Cabelas to promote I-594 -- just an uninformed employee repeating whatever propaganda he heard on TV. However, the uninformed employees (and voters) are killing us with their sheep-like stupidity.

True, Brent--but they ARE the company's public face, and management needs to know of the damage they cause.

Pity... I have a funeral for a particularly-disliked relative to attend out on the coast next month and I was thinking about stopping there on the way either out or back to make the hellish experience of dealing with his tribe of idiots something short of Total Loss and maybe help mitigate the blood-pressure spike. :(

When even the gun dealers are ignorant you know we have a lot of do in regards to informing them of the truth.

Another possibility is that they are perfectly aware, and approve the arrangement, because it keeps competitors (ordinary people selling the odd gun now and then) out of the market.

It's commonplace for regulated industries to want regulation.

Background check initiative a success or failure in Washington State?

In November 2014, Washington voters passed Initiative 594 after proponents spent more than $10 million to promote it, but yesterday KING 5 News and the Northwest News Network broke the news: after more than a year, the law accounted for only 50 blocked sales.

<broken link removed>

Could that be because most criminals steal the guns they use?

There is a long list of business's the city of Yakima does not allow for home business applicants. Any FFL is on that list. Only place in the state that I have seen that doesnt have kitchen table dealers.

There is a long list of business's the city of Yakima does not allow for home business applicants. Any FFL is on that list. Only place in the state that I have seen that doesnt have kitchen table dealers.
I would think that the CCR would be allowed as that's not a dealers license and only for collecting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top