JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 'other half' of gun control story bears repeating

The Seattle Times reported Saturday morning about Friday's arrest of a Southern California UPS driver on an indictment issued Wednesday, alleging that the suspect stole dozens of guns that were sold "on the black market."

<broken link removed>

Don't count on the law agreeing AK56. The way it is written leaves it open to interpretation. The inclusion and exclusion of the word if has as great of an impact as the comma vs. semi-colon and therefore that part can be interpreted either way depending on whether the judge/jury happens to be for or against gun control.

I missed this question earlier however I went through and did my best to pick apart I-594 and have had some lawyers look at it as well. What it boils down to is that much of it is so poorly written that its a best guess as to what it means for much of it until tested in court. Anyway here is the pamphlet I put together which I think is what the OP is looking for.

<broken link removed>

YES! This brochure is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. :)

Text stolen from Gun Rights Coalition <broken link removed> .

I-594_CAcomparison.jpg

Thanks, not stolen though. Use anything in the flyer to fight this awful initiative.

Note: Yesterday I did upload a new version of the flyer. The front has been changed to add bullet points for those that read the front but don't get any further.

Don't count on the law agreeing AK56. The way it is written leaves it open to interpretation. The inclusion and exclusion of the word if has as great of an impact as the comma vs. semi-colon and therefore that part can be interpreted either way depending on whether the judge/jury happens to be for or against gun control.

I missed this question earlier however I went through and did my best to pick apart I-594 and have had some lawyers look at it as well. What it boils down to is that much of it is so poorly written that its a best guess as to what it means for much of it until tested in court. Anyway here is the pamphlet I put together which I think is what the OP is looking for.

<broken link removed>

Please contact me off line ASAP: [email protected]

Is there an exemption for a gun store sales person handing a firearm to a shopper? Could this become a crime?

Not an attorney however I do know this particular issue was brought up during the hearings and no one refuted it. The definition for transfer would appear to include handing a firearm to a shopper. I think it would have to go before the courts to determine whether that fits the definition of "intended delivery of a firearm to another person". If it's defeated then we don't need to worry about it so we just need to make sure it is.

(25) "Transfer" means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.

KVI's Carlson gives air time to both sides on gun control measure

Friday morning's KVI drive time listeners got something of an education about troubling language in Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure on November's ballot…

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Honestly, this is the greatest easy to distribute fact sheet I've seen anywhere!

If plenty of people could print these up and pass them out, or if they could be mailed to the right people in this state, the opposition to I-594 would be legion! :D

Seems like you guys in Washington are getting the same BS as they did with obummer care, they have to pass a law so they know what's in it. Fight hard for freedom, lose it and you will never get it back.

KVI's Carlson gives air time to both sides on gun control measure

Friday morning's KVI drive time listeners got something of an education about troubling language in Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure on November's ballot…

<broken link removed>

Thanks for linking my WAGR Lies Facebook page. I hope it gets some traction so that it pops up whenever people google that organization.

BTW Dave, I'm interested in carrying your books in my shop, if we can figure out a wholesale discount price.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top