JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's hear about your hunting pistols.
I about plumb wore out a Crosman .22 pneumatic back in olden times.. tens of thousand of pellets.. killed a few things with it but I wouldn't recommend it (unmodified) for anything bigger than a starling or rat (I'd shoot a rat with a spitwad though).
I have a Webley Tempest (.177) that I love and have taken rats with it with just regular lead domes but it's not really powerful enough to do real work with. Perhaps with the lightweight speedy pellets it might perform well. I have some but haven't shot them much.
My real killer is a RWS Diana P5 Magnum (.177).. I don't know the fps yadda but with cheap lead domes, I've taken at least a thousand tree squirrels.
It's just way more handy than a rifle and about kills like one.
This is just a internet snatch photo..

IMG_8956.JPG

A whole bunch.. I have a walnut tree and apple trees.
I never stop to be amazed at the power and accuracy (the trigger is superb) of this pistol.

Do they make those any longer? Any searches come up as if it may be out of production?

It looks very similar to my Hatsan 25 pistol - not sure of the quality comparison between the two though. I know I've been impressed with both my Hatsan airguns:

11-26-12-01-Hatsan-model-25-Supercharger-breakbarrel-air-pistol.jpg

I have a Browning Buckmark with a TacSol 5.5" barrel and scope mount.

I haven't shot it much due to the ammo shortage - don't want to burn up my ammo.

When I shot it after putting on the scope mount I later discovered I had not tightened down the Leupold QRW rings onto the rail well, so I can't say yet how well it shoots. I hope it shoots well.

I have S&W 422, and I was hoping that it would be accurate, but putting a scope on it proved to be problematic - only way to do it is with a grip mount and that never stayed tight - destroying accuracy. So I relegated it to a backup pistol with iron sights. It shoots okay, and is light and handy, but not my first choice.

I would like to get a Ruger Hunter convertible with the extra .22 WMR cylinder and put a scope on that.

I have a Browning Buckmark with a TacSol 5.5" barrel and scope mount.

I haven't shot it much due to the ammo shortage - don't want to burn up my ammo.

When I shot it after putting on the scope mount I later discovered I had not tightened down the Leupold QRW rings onto the rail well, so I can't say yet how well it shoots. I hope it shoots well.

I have S&W 422, and I was hoping that it would be accurate, but putting a scope on it proved to be problematic - only way to do it is with a grip mount and that never stayed tight - destroying accuracy. So I relegated it to a backup pistol with iron sights. It shoots okay, and is light and handy, but not my first choice.

I would like to get a Ruger Hunter convertible with the extra .22 WMR cylinder and put a scope on that.

I think they are comparing air guns...

I'd take a .22wmr any day as well if I had the room to shoot it at my place;)

Do they make those any longer? Any searches come up as if it may be out of production?

It looks very similar to my Hatsan 25 pistol - not sure of the quality comparison between the two though. I know I've been impressed with both my Hatsan airguns:

View attachment 99080
I don't know.. I got it from my brother some years ago and he had it for some time.. he got it used. It's in perfect shape, not that I'm trying to sell it though.

Today I beaned two.. I shoot them when I see them and I was gone/very busy today. I often go boiler room to good effect but today, they each were hunkered on branches looking down at me gnawing on huge green walnuts with nothing but the top 3/4" of their head showing. Offhand 15 yards.

etrain16, that Hatsan looks pretty neat. I'd whap a squirrel with it to see what it does!

I do like it - but it's HUGE - I don't know how big that RWS is, but the Hatsan is almost a 2-handed gun. Yes, you can fire it one handed, but it's much more stable shooting with two. As for the squirrels, that's a no go in my neighborhood - especially if the wife found out - that's a no-go around here. I can say that the gun hits very hard and would certainly have plenty of power to take out varmints. I'd love to pick off some moles - every so often they poke up above the ground - those seem to be fair game with the wife - the last one I took out was with a shovel - not as much fun as the air gun.

I'm enjoying my backpacker, so far, but I don't really intend to do any hunting with it unless one of the neighborhood critters gets TOO disruptive. We like the squirrels and raccoons for the most part. They definitely keep our (indoor) kitties entertained from the window!
I do have to say the raccoons are getting pushy the past few weeks tho...

Edit: Backpacker = Crosman 2289 .22 multi-pump carbine. Basically a 1322 with a skeleton stock and some cosmetic differences.

That would definitely not be the case. I have a rifle without a stock, it is not usable as a pistol.
If you look above, you'll see where I described the backpacker. Then again, since I haven't actually used it to kill anything, I suppose it wouldn't be a "hunting" anything, one way or the other.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top