JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I was a kid, I was lucky enough to live near plenty of farms. This, along with a Crosman 2100, kept the pests away, and the local cats fat with starling lunches.

As I got older, my air rifle got a bit more powerful, and I found myself getting fat on braised rabbit. Now I'm old with a fancier gun, surrounded by farms to the west and south (of Tigard). Oddly, I'm not really sure how to pick my rabbit hunting back up.

Should I just go knocking on some doors to see if they have any problems with rabbits? Are there certain areas near me where they'd be more likely to have an issue with rabbits?

My guess was to start with the farms that produce berries, as I know rabbits would eat those along with legumes and clover. That would be my poor guess, but any pointers from those experienced is appreciated.

Cheers!

find a strawberry farmer and knock on his door. I also ask if I can help out on the farm for access to hunt. It is amazing how friendships can come together by just loading a truck or putting on a sprayer and spraying the ditches for the afternoon. I pack my rifle while spraying as they usually run 20 or so yards then stop and look at you. and remember only eat them with months that have a R in them and always check the liver for spots.

Nice, thanks for the advice.

Come to think of it, my mom unsuccessfully tried to grow strawberries when I was very little. She always blamed the local rabbits for losing her crops. If she only tried again when I was 11, my Crosman would have made short work of those bunnies.

I tend to only hunt rabbit after September. Gotta give those little cottontails plenty of time to repopulate after spring, right?

Hunting down strawberry farms should be fairly easy. Any ideas when they grow best in Oregon?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top