JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about "avid"... in the sense that I go on "hunts" at the same level as big game rifle hunts, but I use mine for small game on quite a regular basis. I'm nearly a full-time boodocker and use my PCP rifle mainly for camp meat. It really is quite enjoyable, extremely low cost shooting and highly effective.

Start up can still run you a pretty penny, but once you're "geared up" they are dirty cheap to throw lead. I especially like how quiet they can be. Mine is fitted with a "sound arrester" (silencer) and about all you can hear is the click of the valve/hammer.

I don't know about "avid"... in the sense that I go on "hunts" at the same level as big game rifle hunts, but I use mine for small game on quite a regular basis. I'm nearly a full-time boodocker and use my PCP rifle mainly for camp meat. It really is quite enjoyable, extremely low cost shooting and highly effective.

Start up can still run you a pretty penny, but once you're "geared up" they are dirty cheap to throw lead. I especially like how quiet they can be. Mine is fitted with a "sound arrester" (silencer) and about all you can hear is the click of the valve/hammer.
Agreed, on the start up cost vs running them. It's fun spending hours of shooting and costing just a few bucks.
I'm really enjoying being able to hunt without blowing out an area, or drawing much attention to what I'm doing.

I hunt small game with my 22 cal magnum air rifle. I'm older than dirt, so I do have to cheat on the cocking of my break barrels. But where there's a will, there's a way.

Years ago I was stationed in Seattle, and down on the waterfront there were tons of feral cats. I would get bored on overnight duty, and bring my Crosman .117 pellet pistol in to work with me. Pop them off of dumpsters into the wee hours. They eventually became quite wary and a real challenge. I did bag a few Norway rats as well.

I am an avid pest control air gunner. My hatsan .22 pcp bullpup has accounted for hundreds of pest kills the last couple years including starlings, pigeons, eurasian doves, rats and mice. I routinely kill starlings out to 120 yds or so especially when the wind is gentle. I believe airgunning has made me a better marksman, as bad habits and bad judgement are really amplified shooting an airgun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top