JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
not sure if this is the right place to post this but was wondering if we could start a picture post of this years hunting season....still working on trying to get mine and i think im close....been tracking 2 bucks in a certain ravine ive been watching for 2 weeks so hopefully i can get to them this weekend....who wants to show their pics first.......

Well it's not my deer but a friends. Just 15 minutes into daylight on opening day. This buck had been below my line of sight in a cut. Jordan could see it from the ledge he was on. After his first couple of shots went high he dropped it with a running (deer not Jordan) shot at a confirmed distance of 208 yards.:s0155:

All I got was a half dozen grouse.:(

DSCN1708.jpg

DSCN1709.jpg

is that a draw unit or general tag

It is draw for Deer and General for Elk...

Deer tag is usually a easy draw if it is the first choice... Whiteriver is a awesome unit,I have been hunting it for fifteen years for Deer,Elk,Bear,Turkey...

It is not a easy unit,It is big...You can luck into a animal once in awhile but to be successful every year scouting is necessary...I have hunted it long enough I don't scout too much for Deer,I just know were to go depending on the weather and I know were to go if hunting pressure is pushing them...Turkey Easy...Elk you really need to keep on top of them or plan on covering miles on foot...Unless you wait for hunting pressure to push them into specific draws were you can be comfortably waiting...:D

The Buck I got this year is a very nice Buck,I'm very proud of him... He is not the big one that I was after and have been for two years,Next year will be my third year of dancing with this jimonguos six by seven Buck...The one I got is twenty three wide,22 tall...I have to say the monster I;m working on is twenty five by at least thirty...Huge...I saw him twice this year but he would not pose for that perfect shot....I have him on video while in hard rut last year during Elk season while dressing out my wife's bull...I remind myself of him every now and then... To me he is what the hunting dream is all about,The pursuit is pretty incredible...

SDR

Get you get them out of the timbers of MT Hood NF or on the limited Blm land

when we hunted White river once (although my brother brought home a nice one like that we had to drag about a mile talk about a workout ) and i saw one run across the top of a hill (unsafe shot i let it go)
we found most of the unit private land other than national forest with a lot of hunters crammed in.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top