JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SDR

Get you get them out of the timbers of MT Hood NF or on the limited Blm land

when we hunted White river once (although my brother brought home a nice one like that we had to drag about a mile talk about a workout ) and i saw one run across the top of a hill (unsafe shot i let it go)
we found most of the unit private land other than national forest with a lot of hunters crammed in.

I got this one in the old growth timber near the badger wilderness...
Many people think you can't hunt the game managment area's,But you can...The only hunt you can't hunt game managment is the high cascade Buck hunt...The water sheds are closed,Except for the Dufer....The fence lines and crossings are fine ambush area's...
If you know the area and figure out escape routs and hidy holes hunting pressure is a positive thing....

How I wish I had a cool picture of a buck but it just didn't happen. I thought I'd post a pic of what was happening in the quartz creek area in the mckenzie tract this morning around 9:00am.

Found this guy in the Siuslaw unit. He's no trophy, but he's tasty. :D

DSCN2575.jpg

out for deer and this almost walked me over.... Spotted him at 50 yards came up to 20 before he saw me...

Same thing happened to me and a buddy that were out deer hunting at the base of the callahans. It was pretty cool, the bull just stood there and stared at us for what must have been 10 minutes (probably much shorter;)) but it was cool nonetheless....of course neither of us had a camera ready. About 20 mins later he shot the biggest blacktail buck I have ever seen.

img4029-1.jpg

We both just stood there in awe after it was all over.

My buddy took it to the taxidermist the next day. They are waiting for it to dry and then a guy out of Portland is going to come down and score it. I don't think it'll be a new record mostly cause it doesn't have the fourth point on the one side but I think it will still make book.

It took the two of us to get it into the back of the truck. It was 140 on the hook after the skinning.

My buddy took it to the taxidermist the next day. They are waiting for it to dry and then a guy out of Portland is going to come down and score it. I don't think it'll be a new record mostly cause it doesn't have the fourth point on the one side but I think it will still make book.

It took the two of us to get it into the back of the truck. It was 140 on the hook after the skinning.

Nice!

First time in 20 years that I haven't even seen anything. Only third time that I have come home empty handed. Luckily my dad got his. One shot as usual.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top