Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Hunting on BLM Land

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by aknomad, Oct 29, 2012.

1. aknomad

aknomad Beaverton Member

Hi,
    Is it legal to hunt/shoot on BLM land in Oregon? Do I need permission from someone?
    Thanks.

2. ArgyleAdams

ArgyleAdams Portland, OR Active Member

As I understand it, public land is public land and hunting on BLM land is fine. If the land is being leased to a logging company though, I believe you need their permission. Can anyone verify?

Sent from my phone; typos likely.

3. OregonPlinker

OregonPlinker Creswell, Or Active Member

I dont know about the logging part but the blm behind my house is open for hunting season. It used to be open all the time till the tweakers moved a school bus in up there. Must have been 10-15 of them living up there. Stripping stolen cars and cooking dope. Now theres a gate and the only time its open is hunting season...

4. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Far as I know BLM is open. Always check your synopsis for boundaries and look for private property signs. Some units have a very high percentage of private property which makes it easy to trespass if you aren't very careful.

5. Rik

Rik Beaverton Member

Everything I have read & found says BLM land is open to shooting. Lots of private owed logging tracks are open to hunting & have signs on the gates stating so. The BLM is only the 'keepers' of the public lands. Use them, respect them, fight for our right to enter, hunt & enjoy them or they will legislate our right away from what is ours...