JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the scientists (probably against hunting) put out an article about the "coywolf" and the large numbers of them in the North east.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ther...on-coywolves-in-the-northeast-2015-10?ref=yfp
What do they think this will do to hunting these things? How's a guy with a coyote tag supposed to know the difference?
Has anyone seen any very large coyotes around the northwest?
I remember 1 time walking in the park at Stelicoom.340 acre park btw,lots of woods around. Lots of coyotes cause seeing them wasn't unusual.
1 day we had 3 dogs running around,Luckily they didn't see what I did. It was a rather large coyote.I had a 85 pound dog and my friend's was about 130. The coyote was taller and longer than my rot but thinner. Not a skinny little ratty coyote that I have seen in the park before.
I figures it must be around the 75 pound area. It just looked at use and slithered away into the brush

In all my years of Coyote hunting and just seeing them informally I cant honestly say I have ever seen one 'unusually' large - but I have see some that have probably exceeded 50 or more lbs. As far as:
What do they think this will do to hunting these things? How's a guy with a coyote tag supposed to know the difference?
If I understand these two question correctly I am thinking you are suggesting the Coywolf would be protected and the coyote not. IF coyotes are considered 'vermin' in these areas then I suspect there would be no legal distinction as they are natural hybrid as opposed to something artificially introduced. Not unlike the 'CoyDogs' that are occasionally written about. I recall reading something about 20 or so years ago about them with a similar 'concern' in the story but again more hype than reality.

In all my years of Coyote hunting and just seeing them informally I cant honestly say I have ever seen one 'unusually' large - but I have see some that have probably exceeded 50 or more lbs. As far as:

If you want to see some "Major Yotes" go to Sun City AZ. and check out the golf course. The buggers just stand there and look at you..:eek: I guess that's better than the "Gators" in the ponds in the South.:p

My thought was since it has wolf dna in it they may try to protect it. I know the coyote hunters out there do kill them from different forums.Now that the NY times picked it up i would guess they will investigate if these wolf hybrid are being hunted

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top