JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was in 9th grade Ag Shop, we butchered cattle and pigs in class. The cattle were shot with .22 just as the article pictured. Pigs were smacked in the head with a sledgehammer to knock them out, and then the jugular was cut. Hung up on an engine hoist, gutted, skinned and quartered. A butcher then hauled it away to cut up. We used push brooms to break up the coagulated blood around the shop drains. School was different back in 1965.

When I was in 9th grade Ag Shop, we butchered cattle and pigs in class. The cattle were shot with .22 just as the article pictured. Pigs were smacked in the head with a sledgehammer to knock them out, and then the jugular was cut. Hung up on an engine hoist, gutted, skinned and quartered. A butcher then hauled it away to cut up. We used push brooms to break up the coagulated blood around the shop drains. School was different back in 1965.
These days, schools prohibit poptarts for fear that someone will nibble them into the shape of a gun.

We didn't butcher livestock but we did castrate cattle, sheep and hogs and not always with a rubber band..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top