JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is nothing more than another step at firearms registration and obstructionism...it's all about finding who has what and tracking. And to tighten the noose on the law abiding by coming up with another reason to seize your property.

'Nobody wants to take your guns...':rolleyes: No...just make it so difficult to own them that you risk becoming a felon from merely exercising your rights...at which point you'll have to surrender your guns. Libiot logic.

Tucker Carlson had a very good speaker on this last night....

Get involved, write your legislators.

Boss

I spend more time on non-friendly to the 2nd amendment social media than I do on sites like here (PBS, Oregonian, OPB, NPR, etc). One of the things I have noticed is that the large majority of people NOT of the gun are easily swayed by the gun-control folks by way of confusion, fear and manipulation of facts. What ends up happening is that when people with a bit of accurate knowledge show up, we don't get much farther than making the point of "that won't work, so don't do it" before being called things like"ammosexuals" or be accused of "NRA Talking points from Russia!" followed by "You don't care about the children, you uncaring monsters!". i.e. they had hope that "this law is something that will save lives", and we come along and poop on it, leaving them back at square one (desperation and not knowing what to do). In some cases, I don't blame Joe Public for having that reaction because of how we communicate our own message (shame on us). No one wants to be made to feel like an idiot by someone who's knowledgeable and that doesn't offer up a reasonable alternative.

So in that light, I got busy last night to come up with this meme (with supporting info for people to check) to help illustrate how Universal Background Checks isn't the utopia solution it is being sold as from the gun-control and politicians. As well as point people to were the focus should be (i.e. enforce laws on the books). I'm considering this a draft copy, pending on feedback from the wide range of opinions and input of this community. And hope to make something similar regarding "assault weapons". Maybe someone with more artistic and eye catching meme creation skills can take the info and run with it as well. My hope is to create something that can easily communicate one main reason why UBC's fail to make people safe, as well as where they should be looking.

upload_2019-3-3_12-42-46.png

About the data in the diagram
•"Private sales" are based from research obtained from American College of Physician survey that found 22% of all transfers occurred without a background check, and 13% of all transfers were private sales between individuals that were not family members. Conversely, 78% of transfers were with a background check.
•The FBI NICS background checks report for 2018 was used to establish the number of background checks (78% of all transfers) for transfers of a firearm, and accordingly the private sales.
•US DOJ survey of criminals was used to establish number of transfers to criminals (287,400 individuals) as well as the number of private transfers (1.2%) and transfers after a background check was completed (7.5%) by criminals. These results are consistent with past DOJ surveys.
•Assumptions:
•The Private and background check transfers are for a single year (2018) for a transfer from one individual to another.
•The criminal survey was performed of prisoners currently serving time in federal and state prison. Prison terms for gun charges can range from 2-60 years, and also includes life sentences. Therefore the estimate of criminal transfers is likely greatly overestimated as it can cover time frames of multiple years, and not a single year (2018).

Sources:
•U.S. Department of Justice Source and Use of Firearms Involved in Crimes: Survey of Prison Inmates, 2016, https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
•American College of Physicians, Firearm Acquisition without Background Checks: Results of a National Survey, Firearm Acquisition Without Background Checks | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians
•Federal Bureau of Investigation, NICS Firearm Background Checks: Month/Year, NICS Firearm Checks: Month/Year
•Politifact.com, What percentage of gun sales are done without a background check?, What percentage of gun sales done with no background check?

Democrats reject push to alert ICE when illegal immigrants fail firearm background checks

"Democrats this week approved legislation to require background checks for essentially all sales and transfers of firearms -- but rejected GOP-led efforts to amend the legislation to alert law enforcement authorities when gun buyers, including illegal immigrants, fail those background checks."

H.R. 8, "The Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019"
HR 8

Not only did Democrats reject the GOP amendment to alert law enforcement when illegals fail background checks, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez threatened the 26 "moderate" Democrats who sided with the GOP amendment:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...ec8ed509d15_story.html?utm_term=.28bf111ce5f7

^^

Many, as soon as you say something like '2nd Amendment' or 'Constitutional Right,' roll their eyes and tune you out. Facts, stats, reality just further gets them to say 'Whatever...don't care.'

Many otherwise logical people don't think it through, read the fine print, and fall for the typical 'bait & switch' tactics (such as with 1639...how much coverage did you hear about HIPA going out the window for life? About zero.). And as for many of them, it doesn't effect them personally, Fudds in particular, they just don't care. Many moderate people hear something like 'training requirements...' and they think 'Yeah, that doesn't sound so bad...driver's need driver's ed., etc. What's the big deal?'

But they don't think about a. It's a RIGHT (not a privilege) and b. all the other things like requirements, costs, standards, system manipulation, etc. These are also the same people that if a requirement came out for people who had 'high performance/high horsepower vehicles' (no one NEEDS a street bike that can go 160+ mph or a 300+ hp BMW!!) and were going to be expected to retake the entire driver's licensing test (written and practical), with actual DOL folks who held them to actually perform at a high, errr, safe standards, they'd be all kinds of outraged...Imagine a person interested in buy something like a high end 'Vette being required to go take a separate 8 hr. course and test prior to purchase, and being denied because his driving skills weren't up to par? Me thinks that wouldn't go over so well...

Add to that, many CG types, despite being vastly ignorant on the actual subject matter, don't have a problem trying to scream you down and vilify decent law-abiding citizens (so much for tolerance). ''Weapons of war, gun violence, guns are only meant to kill people, emergency, epidemic...' all the other inflammatory/hot-button 'sound bite' rhetoric...

Unless the major players (GOA, NRA, SAF) start trying to proactively introduce legislation to protect the law-abiding gun owners, and put the CG on the defensive/responsive side of the equation, we'll continue to see the slow erosion of gun owners' rights in certain areas that will eventually spread. Every 'compromise' will be on our side of the table. All part of the long game.

BOSS

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads