JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^^Zacklies^^^
This us what we really need to avoide!
It's likely going to come down to how this gets promoted, and more importantly, we need to find a way to distance ourselves from those Tactical Ted's that always insist on showing up and ruining things!
How to make those guys understand they are welcome IF they leave the Ted stuff at home, and if/when THEY ignore that, what to do about it!

If there was a way to keep the Tactical Teds away, and get positive media coverage, that'd be a huge win. The "cuz I can" brigade ruins things like this, because they are who reporters gravitate to for that soundbite to make gun owners look like idiots.
I haven't really planned for media coverage, I wouldn't want it to turn in to a circus but consideration could be made for contacting a reporter from the local Times paper or possibly the Oregonian but I would be happy with providing footage of the event after the event is over. Maybe @FordPrefect would attend and work his Camera magic. TV news coverage would never make this type of event look good.

^^^Zacklies^^^
This us what we really need to avoide!
It's likely going to come down to how this gets promoted, and more importantly, we need to find a way to distance ourselves from those Tactical Ted's that always insist on showing up and ruining things!
How to make those guys understand they are welcome IF they leave the Ted stuff at home, and if/when THEY ignore that, what to do about it!

I think billing this bbq as an inclusive event may keep some of those people away. A statement in the info for the bbq along the lines of "all are welcome to attend regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc." or "leave your biases and non-2a politics at home or you will be asked to leave" would help. Also, this bbq in particular is a private function, the use of the space having been rented by @arakboss , people play by the rules or they GTFO.

In regards to other events, as much as I dislike the drivel in the Portland Mercury and Wilamette Week, they are more likely to paint an unbiased picture of events. Especially if they are billed as inclusive to all gun owners and not just the stereotypical gun rally crowd.

I think billing this bbq as an inclusive event may keep some of those people away. A statement in the info for the bbq along the lines of "all are welcome to attend regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc." or "leave your biases and non-2a politics at home or you will be asked to leave" would help. Also, this bbq in particular is a private function, the use of the space having been rented by @arakboss , people play by the rules or they GTFO.

In regards to other events, as much as I dislike the drivel in the Portland Mercury and Wilamette Week, they are more likely to paint an unbiased picture of events. Especially if they are billed as inclusive to all gun owners and not just the stereotypical gun rally crowd.
Now that sounds like a winner, and I would make efforts to reach out to the more left leaning politically aligned in a non confrontational manor, welcome them with open arms and show them we are all in the same boat, and I agree, leave politics at the curb, bring an open mind, and be willing to have good discussions with out bias! From our side, we need to be ready to listen attetively and to be open to thoughts we are not accustomed to! Get out of our comfort zone and be actively willing to work together!

I haven't really planned for media coverage, I wouldn't want it to turn in to a circus but consideration could be made for contacting a reporter from the local Times paper or possibly the Oregonian but I would be happy with providing footage of the event after the event is over. Maybe @FordPrefect would attend and work his Camera magic. TV news coverage would never make this type of event look good.
As long as it wouldn't be with the drone. There are legal issues with doing that. I would need to get my FAA Part 107 before doing anything with the media.

If we could get the local Sheriff or Law Enforcement to bring a display - wouldn't even have to be 2nd Amendment related, it would add a lot of credibility to the event. Any pro 2nd Amendment Politicians would be great too, even local.

If we could get the local Sheriff or Law Enforcement to bring a display - wouldn't even have to be 2nd Amendment related, it would add a lot of credibility to the event. Any pro 2nd Amendment Politicians would be great too, even local.
Even just the "Blue Gun" dummies they use for training could be helpful here...

It would be nice if the good folks in the industry that make millions of $ in profit a year setup a tent and had a raffle for those in attendance. Reward those that show up with some gear or even a few guns? They could even ship it to your local FFL to avoid any problems at the event. I just figured if some of the sportsmans dinners can raise thousands of dollars in prizes for their annual dinners, why the heck couldnt a 2A event do the same? Advertise before hand and see if it draws a larger crowd?

Just thinking out loud.

You would have to go through the Multico Sheriffs office ,no friend to the 2nd, it you might inquire with Clackamas or Washington counties, and worse case, ask a few Multico deputies directly! Another option is the local F.B.I. field office, P.P.B. and and even the National Guard state adjunct general, these our public servants of ours, and it would be a good thing to have as many of them attend as possable! Contact is easily done through the web sites and or In person! Except for the National Guard, but if I have time, I may be able to skirt the red tape a bit!:D

Having local LEO's there would be a good for several things. they could discuss responsible gun ownership and be a deterrent for the drama queens that show up.
I watched a video in between my trips to Jordan and Syria recently where that guy crowder took some people through the process of buying a firearm and they didn't realize how much info was on the 4473. Maybe have a display showing what is required to purchase a rifle/pistol, SBR, Suppressor etc with someone who can articulate the process clearly and not get exasperated when terms like "Gun show Loophole" come up and explain what it really means.

It's tough, people on both sides are emotionally driven. We have to take the emotions out of the conversation. It's then we will truly make ground and come up with acceptable solutions. I have a Moms Demand Action meeting tonight. I'll keep you posted.

It's real clear... inanimate objects don't go out a kill dozens... people do... fix the people. No emotion in that, just logic. Solutions should lean towards repairing society, not making more people vulnerable. When MDA is ready to talk about real solutions, I'll be here.

MDA fights the "Gun Lobby", wishes to enact "common sense" regulation of firearms, wants to kick all lawmakers that support gun rights out of office, wants to enact weapons bans, and wants to sue firearms manufacturers out of existence.

It's real clear... inanimate objects don't go out a kill dozens... people do... fix the people. No emotion in that, just logic. Solutions should lean towards repairing society, not making more people vulnerable. When MDA is ready to talk about real solutions, I'll be here.

MDA fights the "Gun Lobby", wishes to enact "common sense" regulation of firearms, wants to kick all lawmakers that support gun rights out of office, wants to enact weapons bans, and wants to sue firearms manufacturers out of existence.

I was there tonight, didn't see you there.

Who cares? Post and repeat. What are you doing to help is my question?

What are you doing? Most of MDA is trying to destroy gun rights and gun ownership. Are you really going to maintain that your MDA buds don't follow any of the national dogma.

Who cares is not a mature answer. I asked you a question first. If you don't believe any of the national agenda, just say so.

What are you doing? Most of MDA is trying to destroy gun rights and gun ownership. Are you really going to maintain that your MDA buds don't follow any of the national dogma.

Who cares is not a mature answer.

Watch the video.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews