JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No... I couldn't find the sound button.

Ok, so I finally got the sound by expanding to full screen and lo and behold there was the audio control.

I think I have seen the video before. Too long for me to get the full detail, but basically what I got is that he agrees with me.

So anyway your response to my first post re MDA is not making any sense to me. Was there a point?

Some very good ideas and actions here. Great to see. Few additional thoughts. What about getting a group together to promote / honor some people or groups that are outside of our "normal" identity (going back to the middle aged, male...me). For instance, there are numerous junior shooters and clubs (4H, scouts, junior rifle clubs). Honoring someone from a group like this, or the entire group might gets some people's attention.

Also having speakers who perhaps used a firearm in a defensive nature, even/especially with no shots fired. We know there are tons of these occurrences to choose from. What if this was not the normal idea of a gun owner but say someone from a group that is not typically associated with "gun people" (this could easily be a female but lots of other options as well).

Do you know what the LARGEST shooting event is in the world? The Minnesota high school trap shooting championship being held next month. Nearly 8,000 high school shooters are expected to compete. 8,000 folks. Media on this? Crickets. We could use an event to show how normal this is and it's happening all around us. Think of this...there is going to be 8,000 high school students with guns and no one will need to call the cops.

I think it is about showing what is all around us and helping to click the lightbulbs on above a bunch of peoples heads who have just not really thought about these aspects of gun ownership ant 2A issues. This really could start with gun ranges, private and public. My range use to have a family friendly 4th of July event, food BB guns, etc. Something like this could be expanded and pick a more neutral date as well.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks for the video. Some interesting and troubling information there.

And it's s good thing to remember: we all want the same thing (safety) we just have different ideas on how to get there. Being inside the MDA circle, as it were, is a good place to be. Know your enemy to better fight your enemy.

Yes if we better understand how they think, we can counter.

I agree with your suggestions 100%. I am going to take a stab at this idea by putting on a picnic for 2A supporters and anyone interested in the topic on June 30th. I am hoping to get a bunch of people from different backgrounds to show up but we'll see who responds. For Picnic details I have so far, check out this link and let me know if you have any suggested revisions I could make to the invite page: Pro2AOregon Picnic Info – Pro2AOregon

Wow, thanks for setting that up! I just e-mailed in my RSVP for two.

Do you plan to advertise it? If so it could be interesting to target both gun venues (e.g. flyers at ranges or gun stores) as well as non-gun venues (other stores, restaurants, maybe newspaper?).

I agree with your suggestions 100%.

I agree with your suggestions 100%. I am going to take a stab at this idea by putting on a picnic for 2A supporters and anyone interested in the topic on June 30th. I am hoping to get a bunch of people from different backgrounds to show up but we'll see who responds. For Picnic details I have so far, check out this link and let me know if you have any suggested revisions I could make to the invite page: Pro2AOregon Picnic Info – Pro2AOregon

May want to put something in the events area.

A showing of the gun as a historic item.
I really like to talk history... Nothing like talking 'bout :
The American Revolution
The war of 1812
The Fur Trade
The Mexican American War
The Civil War ( The War of Rebellion )
The late Indian Wars ( 1865-1890 )
And then handing that someone a firearm from that time period , to look at , discuss or even shoot...:D
Andy
DSC05463.jpg

May want to put something in the events area.
I did post it over at the events forum. Will you be able to attend? If so we'd love it if you could take some pics of the event. I could try and secure a parking spot right next to the shelter so you could have your gear close by. I realize the drone is a nogo for this venue. RSVP if you can make it and let me know it's you.

I did post it over at the events forum. Will you be able to attend? If so we'd love it if you could take some pics of the event. I could try and secure a parking spot right next to the shelter so you could have your gear close by. I realize the drone is a nogo for this venue. RSVP if you can make it and let me know it's you.
I'll try to. Drone work may be a possibility. I just have to check the map and call a tower or two. I'll go send the RSVP now.

And silly me, I made the suggestion then went over and looked.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top