JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a curiosity question.
Met up with someone who has a pristine Maxim 1910 machine gun.
His story is it's a heirloom from his Finnish great grandfather who was in the Russo-Finnish war. It recently came into his possession, literally covered in canvas in his grandfather's barn in Alabama.
According to him, it was never registered during the GCA of '69.
Is it possible to get it registered?

I told him to find a competent attorney.

Your advice was spot on, he should not talk to anyone but his attorney until his attorney gives him advice. It is also important to find an attorney fluent with firearms law.

His story is it's a heirloom from his Finnish great grandfather who was in the Russo-Finnish war. It recently came into his possession, literally covered in canvas in his grandfather's barn in Alabama.

Unless of course it becomes too much hassle for him. Then well, I live in Alabama and ah, have cash in the gun safe, and ah, well I like helping people with gun problems. Just sayin..:D

Unless of course it becomes too much hassle for him. Then well, I live in Alabama and ah, have cash in the gun safe, and ah, well I like helping people with gun problems. Just sayin..:D
I'm in Corpus right now, and he *definitely* does not have an Alabama accent.

Your advice was spot on, he should not talk to anyone but his attorney until his attorney gives him advice. It is also important to find an attorney fluent with firearms law.
I reminded him, it was a very bad idea to discuss it with anyone, including me and the 2A supporting electrician I was talking with.

Simply begin an argument with a fellow member and under our new Wayne & Garth 'be excellent to each other' rules, the thread will be locked-- almost instantly
Nah, more like "let's make sure nobody gets busted or investigated by the alphabet soup groups for trying to be legal.

I'm looking out for somebody's best interest here.

An attorney is the only way I would approach the ATF and having him/her inquire about it possibly being registered.
That way there's a cut out between the feds and the person holding the machine gun.
I've read stories of tax stamps being thrown away with grandpa's old paperwork after they died, not recognizing what to look for.

No. It cannot be registered. You MIGHT be able to get a museum to take it. Thats it. The amnesty closed in 1968 and it has not/ will not open again.

An attorney will not be of any help in this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top