JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I looked around and couldn't find a clear answer, so here it goes:
I live here in Oregon but want to be able to Carry Concealed in Washington. I know Oregon CHL-residents can get those permits for Washington easily, I just don't know how to... so what do I need to do and where do I go?
Best way to go about this?
Thanks!

And do they still do those paper-licenses? "Seems legit"

Go to an adjacent Washington County Sheriffs office or City Police department, fill out and turn in an application with the fee. You will have to give a reason why you want to carry concealed in their city/county.

Or take a Utah CCW class and send them your non-resident application, photo, fingerprint card and copy of your Oregon drivers license along with $51. My Utah CCW class included application, photo, fingerprint card and copy of drivers license in the price of the course. Washington recognizes the Utah permit but not Oregon's. Go figure.

Go to an adjacent Washington County Sheriffs office or City Police department, fill out and turn in an application with the fee. You will have to give a reason why you want to carry concealed in their city/county.

Or take a Utah CCW class and send them your non-resident application, photo, fingerprint card and copy of your Oregon drivers license along with $51. My Utah CCW class included application, photo, fingerprint card and copy of drivers license in the price of the course. Washington recognizes the Utah permit but not Oregon's. Go figure.

Ok great, so just to be sure here, I can go to any Police station in Vancouver/ Clark Co. and they'll take care of it?

Not quite... check with Clark County Sheriff about when and where they accept apps...

And we don't take yours because YOU don't take OURS or ANYBODY's. Get some reciprocity bills passed, and if our AG reviews them and determines your standards "Substantially Similar" (the statute requirement for recip) to ours, and maybe someday...

You do not have to give a reason for getting a CPL in the State of Washington.

No other state will recognize Oregon's CHL because Oregon will not recognize any other states permit. It's REALLY stupid. We should get some reciprocity laws going.

Several states recognize OR CHLs but OR will not recognize any other state's concealed handgun permit/license or sign reciprocity agreements with any other state.

Unfortunately, you guys also have Ginny Burdick and her cronies to deal with... which means unless someone finds a scandal that removes her from office it's gonna take a miracle. Even OUR foamer antis pale next to the likes of that vile creature...

Unfortunately, you guys also have Ginny Burdick and her cronies to deal with... which means unless someone finds a scandal that removes her from office it's gonna take a miracle. Even OUR foamer antis pale next to the likes of that vile creature...

I wouldn't exactly say Kline and Kohl-Welles pale in comparison. They regularly introduce anti-gun legislation session after session.

No other state will recognize Oregon's CHL because Oregon will not recognize any other states permit. It's REALLY stupid. We should get some reciprocity laws going.

Not exactly correct as an Oregon permit will be honored in Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

The Utah non-resident permit is a much better value, it is recognized in more states and...most importantly for those of us who work a lot of hours...you can renew it by mail.

For some of us The Utah Arizona non-resident permit is a much better value, it is recognized in more states and...most importantly for those of us who work a lot of hours...you can renew it by mail and it doesn't require state specific training.

Fixt with my opinion interjected.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top