JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Auto manufacturers switching gears, pun intended, is akin to what they did in 1941. It's a win-win, they keep working, making money, and fill a current critical need. Now if we could get them to make bathroom tissue too....

Healthcare already has different classes of service, that's why senators and representatives and their staff can get tested but the high risk Oregonian at 70 years old with diabeties and high blood pressure, presenting with symptoms cannot get tested because they didn't have direct contact with "a confirmed case"...

agreed, we should be getting refunds on our overpriced health insurance. Lack of services...

Auto manufacturers switching gears, pun intended, is akin to what they did in 1941. It's a win-win, they keep working, making money, and fill a current critical need. Now if we could get them to make bathroom tissue too....

Healthcare already has different classes of service, that's why senators and representatives and their staff can get tested but the high risk Oregonian at 70 years old with diabeties and high blood pressure, presenting with symptoms cannot get tested because they didn't have direct contact with "a confirmed case"...

agreed, we should be getting refunds on our overpriced health insurance. Lack of services...

If you pay me to insure your house against a tornado, and then a twister tears it up...I'm on the hook to pay for your new home. It's not my problem you can't find a builder.

I understand your sentiment. It's just not how insurance works. If you paid directly for care pre-need, you'd have a stronger point...but that would assume you paid directly into the system, a plan that no one wants.

I'm technically supposed to work from home, but I'm here. :rolleyes:

Wuh? I thought THIS was your job? You're so, perfect for it!

I think banks are pretty essential. For people who don't have any money in their pocket. But the banks are closed. Not everybody has an ATM card, I don't have one. Just because most stores are closed, doesn't mean people don't need some money. So I'm thinking that keeping pawn shops open might be considered essential, they are the lender of last resort for some unfortunate people.

Washington (inslee) close the banks? Our US bank was open Tues, with slightly adjusted hours.

Washington (inslee) close the banks? Our US bank was open Tues, with slightly adjusted hours.

Tuesday was different than now, since midnight we've been under the limited contact order. But read further.

I stand corrected. I just called Bank of America, they are open for face to face transactions during reduced hours at some branches. However, I got email from several other financial institutions that I have dealings with and they all informed me that they were closed for face to face biz.

Let me add, it's difficult to get someone at a BofA branch to answer the phone. I had to make multiple calls to get a branch that would answer the phone in order to find out they were open. I've had a call in to a Merrill Edge broker (BofA owns them) since last Friday that hasn't been returned. So I'm thinking staffing at any bank that is still open isn't up to par.

Since apparently some banking is still functional on a face to face basis, I'm guessing pawn shops will in some cases stay open. Why I wonder is because I have a couple of Gunbroker deals pending and require an FFL to ship from. I use a pawn shop to ship.

I understand your sentiment. It's just not how insurance works. If you paid directly for care pre-need, you'd have a stronger point...but that would assume you paid directly into the system,

I have to respectfully disagree. And I may be wrong. But Blue Cross is insurance; Kaiser Permanente is a Health Maintenance Organization. In my mind different. I pay a subscription for an on-going service, not insurance like against fire where they only pay out on losses.

I have to respectfully disagree. And I may be wrong. But Blue Cross is insurance; Kaiser Permanente is a Health Maintenance Organization. In my mind different. I pay a subscription for an on-going service, not insurance like against fire where they only pay out on losses.
I could be wrong - I'm unfamiliar with how Kaiser operates. Will look into it...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews