JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a little fork'n horn this past rifle season an decided it would be a good skull to clean for my first one. I have heard about buring the head in a bag of lime, can any one help me with how about I would do this. I dont really want to boil it.

I would just bury it with no chemicals. I think the lime will eat the bone too? Bury it and the bugs will pick it clean then you can bleach it if you want or leave it natural. My cousin just hangs his on the shed with the tongue hanging out, skin, eyeballs, tag and all. Hangs it how he wants it and eventually the bees and flys pick it clean and it just the skull and horns. The area smells like death for a while though.

I used to bury mine until the ground froze and it broke it into a million pieces....Last few years I have been hoisting them up into a fir tree about 25', wait a month and presto, perfectly clean!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top