Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How to beat an armed robber without a gun...

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by chemist, Nov 5, 2011.

1. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Our boys from right here in Eugene saw a robbery going down and made the hard decision:
    Mixed martial arts fighters stop robbery of L.A. motel - latimes.com
    This is all it takes to defend yourself in the People's Republik of Kalifornia! Any Conan-the-MMA-Champ can do it!

For thousands of years the kings and warlords were all huge, powerful fighters. It didn't change much until Sam Colt made all men (and women) equals. Today we've reverted a bit in some locales, but at least here in Oregon I know that anyone has a fair chance of resisting evil and winning. That is, if they choose to prepare, and train, and practice, and remain aware.

2. NWGunner

NWGunner Salem Active Member

Nice post! My MMA buddies are gonna love this when I show them!

3. shayne

shayne port townsend Active Member

all i saw was three men risk there lives for a little money that they didnt evan get to keep and a dude who needed rehab.

4. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

They were there on the scene and made the call. I think they could see that the idiot didn't have it in him to shoot them. Dunno. I wasn't there.

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

That's a great way to look at it.Let the guy with the gun go and rob someone else instead of doing the right thing?
    Maybe next time he''l have the balls to pull the trigger.
    All you thought of was who got to keep the money?

6. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The idiot got into the robbery w/o one in the chamber! Notice he racked the slide about 1/3 into the video.

7. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

I saw that too, and thought of this after reading your comment:
    "There are two kinds of people in this world: those with loaded guns, and those who dig."

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  8. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

Well too bad the thug didn't accidentally squeeze the trigger two or three times, when they were behind the big screen tv and save the tax payers a lot court cost and funds to put scum bag in prison.

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

Don't you watch the movies?? You got to rack those darn semi auto's before you shot them. I'll never own one of those.