JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll bite...won't disclose my age but you can probably get a general feel I'm not in the median population around here :) Doubletap and I are probably the extreme!

I started shooting when revolvers were state of art and the mainstay of the industry, point shooting was still the standard and the "Modern Technique" at Bear Valley was in full swing...by this time it was called the South West 'Combat' Pistol League (the word combat was politically incorrect so they dropped it). Thell Reed, Jeff Cooper, Ray Chapman, and Jack Weaver were featured on the cover of the precious few gun rags of the day.

By the time I was 21 there were no schools like we have today (pre-Gunsite) and if you wanted a tricked out 1911 or Tactical Shotgun you had to make your own or pay guys like me to make them for you - thus how I got into the firearm's biz. The only "black rifle" then was a Winchester Thurdy-Thurdy which I carried in my truck for defensive and hunting purposes. I got started professionally by modifiing hunting shotguns for law enforcement application. There were no SWAT teams or SERT teams when I got started.

Back when I got into firearms we didn't have night sights, illuminated reticles, picatinny rails, or aftermarket parts. The Colt Mk 70, Browning Hi-Power, and S&W 59 were the only semi's worth owning. If you wanted to reload you must use a state of the art RCBS Rock Chucker.

It has been quite an interesting evolution watching the industry, technology and gear transition. Back when I started we thought being effective as a handgun/shotgun/rifleman (or women) was 90% skill, determination, and hardwork and 10% the gear. Today the opposite is true. If someone can't shoot they blame it on the gun and/or accessories...people have no problem dropping hundreds of dollars into tricking out an AR or AK placing every 'tactical" bell 'n whistle on it but not spend one day at a range realistically training (which is different than shooting or qualifing).

Wow, I guess I'm old!

I am the gereatric member I guess, anyone want to swap geritol recipes??

jj LOL LOL

And the old boys have the most fun toys LOL LOL

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top